Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

driveshaft vibes shims or carrier drop???

Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
driveshaft vibes shims or carrier drop???

What works better for vibes ? I just lifted my 06 dclb and have some vibe @ 20-30mph. the shims cost more and take longer to install ,when the ome carrier drop is cheaper and looks like a 10min job. Any opinions would be great thanks.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
You are correct, so far. Try the drop first, try the shims second, try both third.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Strange, with my first lift I had no vibe issues, then when I put on my new coils I had vibes right off take off, then when i finally cranked my coils up my coils dissapeared and the truck drives perfectly straight with no wobbles or vibes or anything. Good luck.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
the vibrations only came after I lifted the rear , i guess i will try the shims first. thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
ERMAHGERD
DubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thayer
DubVtundy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirst06taco View Post
the vibrations only came after I lifted the rear , i guess i will try the shims first. thanks
no try the carrier bearing drop 1st. look up beefed taco under vendors and he sells a carrier bearing drop with a very reasonable price. his website is also streettacos.com i think
Old 11-13-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
no try the carrier bearing drop 1st. look up beefed taco under vendors and he sells a carrier bearing drop with a very reasonable price. his website is also streettacos.com i think
streetacos.com