Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Choosing A Lift

Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
BenH is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
BenH's Tacoma Gallery
Choosing A Lift

I am new to this forum and I just leased a new 2011 Tacoma double cab with the extended bed. Today I got my new tires 17 inch bbs rims with 265 bf goodrich all terrain t/a tires. Tires made the truck Mayb an inch higher compared to the stock tires so I want to add a lift to get a little more clearance. I want to get a 2-3 inch lift and just wondering what lift
Is best for the money. I was looking at the toyotec lifts and they have a 2 1/2 lift but if I got that would I have to get new shocks and if so what shocks? Thnx for any help and I am open to other lifts
Old 10-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

has everything you want to know w/ prices too
Old 10-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
BenH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
How much are you willing to spend?
I'm willing to spend 300 - 400 $
Old 10-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenH View Post
I am new to this forum and I just leased a new 2011 Tacoma double cab with the extended bed. Today I got my new tires 17 inch bbs rims with 265 bf goodrich all terrain t/a tires. Tires made the truck Mayb an inch higher compared to the stock tires so I want to add a lift to get a little more clearance. I want to get a 2-3 inch lift and just wondering what lift
Is best for the money. I was looking at the toyotec lifts and they have a 2 1/2 lift but if I got that would I have to get new shocks and if so what shocks? Thnx for any help and I am open to other lifts
Most people will tell you to get the lift they got and I will be no different. OME with Dakar rear leaf. Comes with shocks and gave me a full 3" lift front & rear. Very happy with ride both on road & off.
OME Suspension lift kit
Front coil options: Med_885_coils
Top plate spacers: No_top_plate_spacers
Rear Options: Complete rear OME CS047R springs with U bolts (+ $469.00)
Front Diff drop kit: No diff drop kit (2WD) (- $29.00)
Add Rear shock stone guards (Pair): Yes (+ $26.00)
OME-TAK
$1,200.99
Old 10-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm willing to spend 300 - 400 $
All you will get for that price is a cheap spacer lift. And Don't do a diff drop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Ok

Ive been making a collection of the results of spacers

Dont worry its not like they all are related, probably just random-- but breaking in the exact same spot, IDK ()
Old 10-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
BenH's Tacoma Gallery
I don't do alot of offroading Mayb 10 times a year and it's only to get out to ponds to fish on which takes me through Powerlines and dirt roads. If I got the coil spacers and add a leaf and got new shocks do u think that would be fine? The truck is leased so I will only have it for 3 years so idk if it's worth investing that much money
Old 10-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Get 5100s for the front, set them at 1.75.

Get a 1" add-a-leaf for the back using stock shocks.

Do the install yourself.

Get realigned at Firestone.

Meets your price spec (barely) Meets your desired criteria: a little more clearance on your oversized tires, and mildly increased clearance for mild offroading a few times a year.

Keep it simple.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bret
2011TacoBeav's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't lift a leased vehicle...

Then again I wouldn't lease a vehicle.

If I had to I would agree with the billies 5100 set at 1.7" front and rear 1" aal
Old 10-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
If I got the coil spacers and add a leaf and got new shocks do u think that would be fine? The truck is leased so I will only have it for 3 years so idk if it's worth investing that much money
You don't want spacers! See pics above.Go with bjmoose's sugestions. Save original parts and reinstall them when you return truck.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

Do the install yourself.

Meets your price spec (barely) Meets your desired criteria: a little more clearance on your oversized tires, and mildly increased clearance for mild offroading a few times a year.

Keep it simple.
x2, although I have yet to see a 1" AAL... lowest lift out of an AAL I can find is 1.5".

If you get the 5100's and set them at 1.75, you'll be damn near level.

I'll also resonate what's already been said, don't get a spacer lift!

Welcome from another Masshole
Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #12
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

Do the install yourself.

Keep it simple.
I would love to hear where you found a 1" AAL (my dream find right now for my truck)
Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I would love to hear where you found a 1" AAL (my dream find right now for my truck)
1.5" AAL and a few concrete blocks
Old 10-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, 1.5"
Old 10-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #15
BenH's Tacoma Gallery
Still not sure what to do i want to go with the Bilstein 5100s but not sure if i should get front and back set at 2.5 with a 2 inch aal or should i just go with the front set at 2.5 and a 2 inch aal?