Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME/Bilstein setup Question

Old 10-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
OME/Bilstein setup Question

I want a 2 inch lift all the way around, so far I have bought the 5100s. this is the setup I want:

- Bilstein 5100 front/rear
- OME 884 Coils
- Toytec AAl (non TSB)

According to Toytec:

Quote:
The 884 coils will physically work on the Bilstein 5100 front shocks, but we have never tested the two together and the valving in the shock may not be ideal for the 884 spring rate.
Any thoughts?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100s are a digressive valved shock whereas the OME's are progressive and that's prob what they are talking about. The eibachs are prob a better choice with that valving! At the .85 clip and eibachs you should be around 2.5"??
Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
excellent, TY
Old 10-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
One more question:

These are the parts that I will have in 2 weeks:

- Eibech Coils
- Toytec AAl (non TSB)

What else do I need? I will be going 2.5 all the way around.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
2011Tacoma1293 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
2011Tacoma1293's Tacoma Gallery
you and i are on the same boat same questions and everything
Old 10-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
Diff drop kit? lol
Old 10-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
2011Tacoma1293 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
2011Tacoma1293's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by =JSG= View Post
Diff drop kit? lol
im getting the same setup

- Eibech Coils
- Toytec AAl
and what is non tsb mean?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
GM Convert
Brianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bryan
Brianstemm's Tacoma Gallery
Non TSB is a 2" AAL kit. TSB AAL will give you an 1.5". I'm hoping to get the same setup once I stop being so damn indecisive.....
Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Tacoma1293 View Post
im getting the same setup

- Eibech Coils
- Toytec AAl
and what is non tsb mean?
If your truck has a 3 leaf pack you DO NOT have the TSB...if it has 4 than you do!...TSB Trucks = 1.5" AAL....No TSB = 2" AAL
Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by =JSG= View Post
Diff drop kit? lol
no
Old 10-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #11
LouTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Lou Taco
LouTaco's Tacoma Gallery
also a thing worth noting make sure you get the right rears i got the ones for 1.5" of lift and i needed the ones for 3-4" lift
Old 10-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #13
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
no
Hmmm, I thought I did because Toytec sells them with their 5100 kit
Old 10-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #14
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
They sell them but you shouldn't need them with that sized lift. It's used to keep your cv's at a good angle. You'll also need the 1/4" spacer on the drivers side for the taco lean!