Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Going from 3" Lift to 6" Lift

Old 10-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #1
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
Going from 3" Lift to 6" Lift

Hey guys!!!! Haven't been around in a while!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Well, I'm stupid when it comes to lifts/suspension, and I need some help.

I did a 3" toytec lift myself - had no idea what I was doing - I just followed the pretty pictures

I'm thinking about going up to a 6" lift and getting some 35's...
(from my quick glance at tuff country, i might have to go up to at least 17" wheels aslo????)

Anyway, my question to you guys is can I keep my 3" toytec spacer lift, and just add to that somehow to get a 6"?? Or am I looking at starting all over???

I am proably not gonna shell out the $$$ for it, but I am curious.

THANKS!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
Hey guys!!!! Haven't been around in a while!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Well, I'm stupid when it comes to lifts/suspension, and I need some help.

I did a 3" toytec lift myself - had no idea what I was doing - I just followed the pretty pictures

I'm thinking about going up to a 6" lift and getting some 35's...
(from my quick glance at tuff country, i might have to go up to at least 17" wheels aslo????)

Anyway, my question to you guys is can I keep my 3" toytec spacer lift, and just add to that somehow to get a 6"?? Or am I looking at starting all over???

I am proably not gonna shell out the $$$ for it, but I am curious.

THANKS!
No you can't. You need an entirely new lift call a "drop bracket" lift. You're a pre-runner so you do have the option to get 4" lift spindles too.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
and NEVER stack lifts.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Get 3.5 or 4 inch spindles and longer front brake lines and install them with your current setup. That will give you 6.5 or 7 inches in the front.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles FTW! A bit pricey, though...

Drop brackets suck, stay away from those.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Spindles FTW! A bit pricey, though...

Drop brackets suck, stay away from those.
Cheaper than a DB lift.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input guys....

I don't drive my truck much, and even though I love the off-road set up look, I never take it off road

I know everyone is down on body lifts, and from most of what I've seen, I really don't like seeing the frame under the truck - but some of the 6" suspension + 3" body lifts look pretty good.... but I don't know about a 3" + 3".... anyway....

Having a hard time finding good pics to look at.... If any of you guys have done body lifts can you post some pics for me please??? Trying to make up my mind.... I know I'll leave my truck as is before I spend 2grand or more to go another 3"....

THANKS!!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
leave it as it is, a body lift isnt going to make it look any better, DB or spindles will get pricey.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
what is DB?
Drop bracket