Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Realignment after 3inch level lift?

Old 10-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
gacandido2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
gacandido2010's Tacoma Gallery
Question Realignment after 3inch level lift?

hey guys, just bought a 3 level lift for my 01, was wondering if i have to get a realignment? my steering wheel also shakes a lil bit when braking and sometimes i feel like i drift to the left when driving straight, any input?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacandido2010 View Post
hey guys, just bought a 3 level lift for my 01, was wondering if i have to get a realignment? my steering wheel also shakes a lil bit when braking and sometimes i feel like i drift to the left when driving straight, any input?
Anytime that you do something that effects the suspension, you should get an alignment.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
gacandido2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
gacandido2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Fire stone does a lifetime deal for just about 150-Get it done as much as you want. A regular two wheel one time- probably 35-60 bucks depending on the place.

And yeah...Drifting off to a side (specially into oncoming traffic) isn't good-Get it looked at.
hahah i mean its not tht bad, but ya firestone sounds like a pretty good deal
Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
The loose steering is attributed the lift, you need to get it aligned for it to feel alright, also if you want your stock steering back I'd suggest new UCA's. I drove mine for a month on stock UCA's with a 3" lift and the loose steering really got to me. After I got new UCA's the steering really stiffened up, it's 100x better.

If you want it to ride good you need to drop some extra cash.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacandido2010 View Post
hahah i mean its not tht bad, but ya firestone sounds like a pretty good deal
I was in there alot and knew the manager-so I got a couple bucks off. But I used it like 3 times in a about a week and a half and they didn't bat an eye. Totally worth it-Get it lined up after an offroad trip or after some work. Once every 6 months for the hell of it. Really good for peace of mind..and as much as some of the guys could care less- it is an extra set of eyes under the car on occasion.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
if there is firestone shop nearby they offer lifetime alignment for 150. its a good deal and ive taken advantage of it alot. Paper print outs too with laser alignment
Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #9
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Try and find a shop that will test drive and adjust for drift. Alot of places just set the steering to within stock specs. You still might drift to the left or right a little. In my opinion old school shops seem to do a better, albeit more expensive, job. Check yelp if you use a firestone place. Some of those are hit and miss. It is a good deal though....