Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2012 4x4 Tacoma and Leveling Kits

Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
cnorsch26 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chuck
cnorsch26's Tacoma Gallery
2012 4x4 Tacoma and Leveling Kits

In college I leased my first Tacoma as that was the year Toyota debuted the double cab Pre-Runner (2001). Since it was a lease, I was not able to modify it outside of better but same size tires, window tint, etc. It was the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Today I just purchased a 2012 double cab with the TRD Sport package and it is a 4x4. I was told by the sales agent they made some small changes to the body this year (as well as the interior...the nav/tech package is incredible, btw).

My question is about installing a leveling kit so I can get an extra 2 inches to increase the height and width of the tires. However, im not finding any leveling kits that say they will fit a 2012 and since the toyota agent said they made changes to the body, im wondering and wanting to make sure if I buy a leveling kit for a tachoma made from 2005-2011 it will fit a 2012 model. Im thinking that since the 2012's just came out, makers and suppliers of leveling kits for tacomas simply havent updated thier product descriptions to say "compatible with 2005-2012 models"...but becuase of what the sales agent said, I am now wanting full verification before purchasing.

Anyone know the answer and if so, where were you able to find that information? Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, if it makes any difference I am wanting to use a leveling kit from ReadyLift. Everything I have read and heard suggests they are the best bang for the buck....

Thanks again for your time.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Have no clue, just wanted to welcome you, so welcome!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Same suspension. Please at least buy 5100s instead of going cheap on your bran new truck. Good luck.

Posted via
Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW.

readylift? spacer lift? there are a few better options.
I think the suspension is probably the same..don't hold me to it though.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
WebRat is on a distinguished road

WebRat's Tacoma Gallery
Last week I had the dealership where I bought the 2012 sport install a 3 inch lift/levling kit from Revtek. The truck looks good and the ride seems the same as factory.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it man! Mine was terrible......on and offroad. For a few more bucks you can get 5100's all around. Set the fronts at 1.75" and you'll have a way better ride! Read up on it here and you'll see!

Congrats on the new truck!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRat View Post
Last week I had the dealership where I bought the 2012 sport install a 3 inch lift/levling kit from Revtek. The truck looks good and the ride seems the same as factory.
How much did they charge you for those hunks of metal, installed?

Also: http://www.camburg.com/toyota/00-06-...y-spacer-lift/
Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Just say no to spacer lifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Ok

Ive been making a collection of the results of spacers

Dont worry its not like they all are related, probably just random-- but breaking in the exact same spot, IDK ()
Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
WebRat is on a distinguished road

WebRat's Tacoma Gallery
@ Sublime, thanks on the grats and its too late, did the lift.

@ KPT, paid too much for the kit but both the sales and service guy told me that the Revtek 3" lift was the only kit that would not void my warranty. Were they lying to me?

@4Wheelin4Banger, thanks for the pics and good info.

I picked up the sport model mainly for my wife as a daily driver. If it does see off road it wont be for a few more years and that will be a good time to upgrade the parts. If I was going to do some serious off roading the "Off Road" trim model looked like it would have been better for that.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The warranty stuff is BS, it's better to upgrade the suspension than put a block on it. But thats the most common a dealership will do. Enjoy the truck man, it's nice!