Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just until i can afford RCD

Old 10-18-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Just until i can afford RCD

Hey guys, I ultimately want to get a 4.5 RCD lift kit but wont be able to afford it for a little while. But i want to lift my truck 3" until then. Would my best bet be to just get Front shocks and coils and an AAL in the rear? maybe just go for some billys all around, Coils and an AAL? Does the AAL kill the ride quality in the rear? If so would it be a good choice to maybe just save up for some Dakar 3" leaf packs? I think im planning on getting Billys front and back, OME 885 Coils with top spacer and Dakar leaf packs in the rear

Would that be a True 3" good quality lift?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it would. And when it comes time to buy your rcd you can leave the 3" lift out back. Because I think the rcd comes with blocks and a aal so you would be better off with the dakars.

I'm not sure what aal does to ride qaulity I have heard mixed opinions. But I have also heard the dakars are a rough ride. I guess it all depends what your used to.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
would it really be worth buying both a 3" and a 4.5" lift? why not just save up for the 4.5?

But coils, shocks, and an AAL would be best for a "temp" lift, but I'd recommend a new leaf pack to go with the RCD.

AALs stiffen the back a little, but not too much. Not like blocks...
Old 10-18-2011, 04:14 AM   #5
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
IMO I think that it would be wasteful to buy one lift just to save up money for another lift. The RCD lift is around $2400. If you buy the billies, 885's, spacer's, and dakars, you would probably spend around $800. That is 1/3 of the cost of the lift you want. More than likely, you would also have to purchase UCA's, which would put your total up to around $1200, or 1/2 of your ultimate goal. Makes more sense to save up for another couple of months and buy the RCD lift if that is what you truly want.

Back to your original question. If you must have a lift right now, I would go with the 5100, 885, and AAL.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #6
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My jeep friend just installed a 4.5 inch Rough country and my other buddy just installed a 2.5 leveling kit on his Dodge cummins 2500 so i feel like im in a sports car when i park next to them haha. Would the OME 3" lift kit require me to run LR UCAs?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:41 AM   #7
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
My jeep friend just installed a 4.5 inch Rough country and my other buddy just installed a 2.5 leveling kit on his Dodge cummins 2500 so i feel like im in a sports car when i park next to them haha. Would the OME 3" lift kit require me to run LR UCAs?
Or, do the 3" good, and stay with the 3". Drop brackets arent as good as 3" ( I know, I know. But there. I said it.) offroad anyways.

You don't necessarily need new UCA's, but if you want factory alignment you grab a set.

Just laugh at your friends
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 AM   #8

Thats been an option in my head for awhile. If i decide to just slowly build up a really nice 3" lift i plan on doing Icon stage 1 with ICON coilovers up front and ICON Reservoir shocks in rear with Dakar leaf packs with the additional leaf with Light Racing UCAs
Old 10-18-2011, 05:27 AM   #9
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Or, do the 3" good, and stay with the 3". Drop brackets arent as good as 3" ( I know, I know. But there. I said it.) offroad anyways.

You don't necessarily need new UCA's, but if you want factory alignment you grab a set.

Just laugh at your friends
^GTFO!

OP, I say save the cash and get the RCD... I had a 3" lift before my RCD and I basically wasted some money. as for the Dakars... 3" will not be enough to go with the 4.5" RCD unless you like that bro'd out look.

Just fight the urge and resist temptation to waste money if your ultimate goal is the RCD.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
^GTFO!

OP, I say save the cash and get the RCD... I had a 3" lift before my RCD and I basically wasted some money. as for the Dakars... 3" will not be enough to go with the 4.5" RCD unless you like that bro'd out look.

Just fight the urge and resist temptation to waste money if your ultimate goal is the RCD.
do it right, or wait are the two choices given here OP, don't do both.

(My DB comment was to sell the 3" idea, of course... )
Old 10-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Thats been an option in my head for awhile. If i decide to just slowly build up a really nice 3" lift i plan on doing Icon stage 1 with ICON coilovers up front and ICON Reservoir shocks in rear with Dakar leaf packs with the additional leaf with Light Racing UCAs
I think it's a fairly simple choice. If you want to have something that will perform well off road, go with the Icons. If you want something to make your truck look big for your friends, then get the rcd. But why stop there, go for the 6" DB if you are just going for looks.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I think it's a fairly simple choice. If you want to have something that will perform well off road, go with the Icons. If you want something to make your truck look big for your friends, then get the rcd. But why stop there, go for the 6" DB if you are just going for looks.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
How about don't waste money on the useful lift you don't want?

Posted via