Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mechic called (wrong Diff Drop bolts?)

Old 10-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
KingMoo is on a distinguished road
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
Mechic called (wrong Diff Drop bolts?)

My Tacoma is in the shop right now getting a lift with 5100s all around with Eibach springs and driver side 1/4" spacer.

The mechanic just called and said the wrong size bolts are in the Diff. Drop package.

Is this the right Diff. Drop for a 2011 TRD Sport DC/SB?

Toytec Front Diff Drop Kit (TAC-DR-05)
*(2) Main diff-drop spacers
*(2) 6" x 1/2" Bolts
*(2) 1/2” Nuts
*(2) 1/2" Flat washers
*(4) 8mm x 40mm bolts
*(4) 5/16" Lock washers
*(4) 5/16” Flat washers
*(4) Skid-Plate Spacers (1” x 1” x 1/2”)
*(1) Page instructions
Old 10-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Diff drops don't do anything.

Posted via
Old 10-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
KingMoo is on a distinguished road
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
but I'm going up 2.5" (Eibach 1.6" + 5100's set at 0.85")

I read a few posts here that said anything 2.5 or above should have a diff drop
Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I'll repeat: Diff drops don't do anything in 2nd gen Tacomas.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I'll repeat: Diff drops don't do anything in 2nd gen Tacomas.
I'll quote so I don't have to repeat.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
^
Old 10-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lubricated bearings are a fad that will go away soon.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Tell the mechanic to duct tape the diff drop bolts to the side of the frame, they will be more useful there.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Skip it, I have had 2.5" and now 3" lift and it's not needed!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
How do you post via a sandwich?
If you let an egg salad sandwich spoil it becomes a mobile hot spot.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
Im removing mine, anyone know the oem bolt specs
I never put one on???????