Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6 inch pro comp lift with Icon coilover and AllPro Chromoly UCA

Old 10-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Tacochaos is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
Tacochaos's Tacoma Gallery
6 inch pro comp lift with Icon coilover and AllPro Chromoly UCA

Just recently got my truck lifted exactly how i wanted. 6 inch pro comp lift, Icon coilover and the UPC from ALLPRO. I'm also rolling on Ballistic Jesters. Is anyone else running These UCA from ALLPRO? They "skweek" like a Mother f*****

Old 10-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
not sure about the squeaking but thats a nice set up you got on a 6" lift
Old 10-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Shit nice truck, Ive always wanted those wheels.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
btw when was the last time you greased bushings?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Uniballs squeak at low speeds, but also grease your bushing in your upper control arms. DO NOT GREASE the uniball.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Uniballs squeak at low speeds, but also grease your bushing in your upper control arms. DO NOT GREASE the uniball.
You can spray the uniball with some Dupont Teflon lube. It gets rid of the squek. Also it could me your bushings, make sure you don't ocer grease them, they are super picky.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Shit nice truck, Ive always wanted those wheels.
Im lucky to have them, These wheels are on back order nation wide for 2 months.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
You can spray the uniball with some Dupont Teflon lube. It gets rid of the squek. Also it could me your bushings, make sure you don't ocer grease them, they are super picky.
Where can i get Dupont teflon lube?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
btw when was the last time you greased bushings?
They should have been greased when the shop put my UCA on.. At least i hope they did. Nice truck by the way!!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacochaos View Post
Just recently got my truck lifted exactly how i wanted. 6 inch pro comp lift, Icon coilover and the UPC from ALLPRO. I'm also rolling on Ballistic Jesters. Is anyone else running These UCA from ALLPRO? They "skweek" like a Mother f*****

how much where those uc all pro???
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Triflow dry lubricant is what I used on my OE replacement UCAS and my LT kit and they make the uniballs silent, you can buy it here
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacotc.htm
Old 10-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
how much where those uc all pro???
Out the door $600
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
For the squeak, hopefully they were greased good before installing. And nice setup! Looks like you have a buttload of preload on those shocks though..how is the ride?
The ride is a bit stiff, i cant tell if its because they are new and need to be broken in or i need to play with the preload....
Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #14
Biker Trash
2WheelDave is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: 5149 1/2
Name: Jerry Rigg
2WheelDave's Tacoma Gallery
I recently installed their Uppers as well. I've been considering the same Coil Overs, but am on the fence and tired of repair after repair after repair. $pent way too much in $u$pen$ion fixes, due to Pro-Comp 6" lift i$$ue$. So gonna lay low for awhile on the wheeling. I've already destroyed my $teering on my 2011 with only 14k miles. Replaced the rack and pinion, broke several tie rods and finally upgraded to DOM tubing with heim joints. Broken rear lift blocks and the replacement are cracked now. So here comes another $600 for leaf packs. $ounds like I have lower ball joint issues ready to fail now as well. But it can wait. Had to temporarily use 1 1/4" wheel spacers, because my tires rubbed big time on the sway bar after installing the UCA's. Ever try driving yours on the street without the swaybar? Make sure you're sober if you do! It's just fine when you're wheeling, so gotta get quick disconnects too! $$$. So, with that in mind and about $7k in upgrades and repairs in only ONE year...I'd do it all over again. Cuz I still kept up and blazed the hoards of boulders and granite that my fellow Jeeper buddies said I could never do in my 'perty lifted Tacoma'! Even without lockers and never got wenched! At least I always won the bet and drank free beer at the end of the day. Good luck! ! And Remember..."Live to Wheel, Wheel to Live".
Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #15
Biker Trash
2WheelDave is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: 5149 1/2
Name: Jerry Rigg
2WheelDave's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ya, regarding any noise issues. You will pick up more road noise from the Uniballs, poly bushings and the DOM tubing in the Uppers. Depending on your environment and wheeling conditions, use a dry teflon lubricant on them, because the top holds debris like a wishing well, so get in the habit of wiping them out at the end of the day. All-Pro used to sell a cap to go on top, but it was junk and people used some 'One-size-fits-all' type Daystar poly tie rod dust boot that works better, so All-Pro discontinued them. I use synthetic grease for the bushings. Works awesome and it's even red to match the bushings! lol
Old 10-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #16
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelDave View Post
I recently installed their Uppers as well. I've been considering the same Coil Overs, but am on the fence and tired of repair after repair after repair. $pent way too much in $u$pen$ion fixes, due to Pro-Comp 6" lift i$$ue$. So gonna lay low for awhile on the wheeling. I've already destroyed my $teering on my 2011 with only 14k miles. Replaced the rack and pinion, broke several tie rods and finally upgraded to DOM tubing with heim joints. Broken rear lift blocks and the replacement are cracked now. So here comes another $600 for leaf packs. $ounds like I have lower ball joint issues ready to fail now as well. But it can wait. Had to temporarily use 1 1/4" wheel spacers, because my tires rubbed big time on the sway bar after installing the UCA's. Ever try driving yours on the street without the swaybar? Make sure you're sober if you do! It's just fine when you're wheeling, so gotta get quick disconnects too! $$$. So, with that in mind and about $7k in upgrades and repairs in only ONE year...I'd do it all over again. Cuz I still kept up and blazed the hoards of boulders and granite that my fellow Jeeper buddies said I could never do in my 'perty lifted Tacoma'! Even without lockers and never got wenched! At least I always won the bet and drank free beer at the end of the day. Good luck! ! And Remember..."Live to Wheel, Wheel to Live".
Dude you're hard core. I like the Pro Comp kit but it's really not built for hard core wheeling. It's more for the lifted street truck crowd.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
Quote:
Oh ya, regarding any noise issues. You will pick up more road noise from the Uniballs, poly bushings and the DOM tubing in the Uppers. Depending on your environment and wheeling conditions, use a dry teflon lubricant on them, because the top holds debris like a wishing well, so get in the habit of wiping them out at the end of the day. All-Pro used to sell a cap to go on top, but it was junk and people used some 'One-size-fits-all' type Daystar poly tie rod dust boot that works better, so All-Pro discontinued them. I use synthetic grease for the bushings. Works awesome and it's even red to match the bushings! lol
I finally went out and bought some synthetic grease for my bushing and it cured all the awful noise i was getting. apparently my bushings never got greased when my UCA were put on. If anyone is considering ALLPROs UCA I would highly recommend them.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #18
Quote:

Im also using 1 1/4 wheel spacers at the moment because im a dumb ass and got the wrong back spacing on my wheels. My buddy is running the icons on his taco and is also using no sway bar. he has had his icons for over a year and does some serious offroading with his truck. The icons have done an amazing job holding up to his abuse. I would recommend them. where can you get quick disconnects for the sway bar?