Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

A couple products im looking for

Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
A couple products im looking for

Where is a good place to buy a U-bolt flip kit and a front diff drop spacers? is there a certain vender i should look for? I want a good Brand for each item.
I looking to get a full Icon set up ex travel, AAL Icon with TC UCA I'm basically looking for the exact same set up as this taco in this video which I'm sure a couple people have already seen. Also, Im looking to buy the Icon Lift at DownSouth Motorsports

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z924nd-iP7c
Old 10-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Don't get a front diff drop. They don't help. For the other stuff check out DSM or Wheelers.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Don't get a front diff drop. They don't help. For the other stuff check out DSM or Wheelers.
I know people say they don't work but can you explain why? I have one on my truck and it put my CV Axles at a better angle...
Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
I know people say they don't work but can you explain why? I have one on my truck and it put my CV Axles at a better angle...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...05-tacoma.html
Old 10-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Nice setup that's exactly what I'm running. For the Ubolt flip Allpro sells them and for the diff drop check wheelersoffroad or Toytec
Okay thanks!!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? Wow thats pretty Intresting gotta read up on that!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the link it was an interesting read but I still don't think it's necessarily fair to say they don't do anything. They do something, it's just at the cost of a little ground clearance. I'll keep mine in place until I upgrade my skids since it's a pain to get an aftermarket skid to fit with the diff drop in.

Also I have done some gnarly trails with a diff drop and have not had a single problem. IMO a diff drop is going to do more good than harm for 99.9% of us with lifts.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Thanks for the link it was an interesting read but I still don't think it's necessarily fair to say they don't do anything. They do something, it's just at the cost of a little ground clearance. I'll keep mine in place until I upgrade my skids since it's a pain to get an aftermarket skid to fit with the diff drop in.

Also I have done some gnarly trails with a diff drop and have not had a single problem. IMO a diff drop is going to do more good than harm for 99.9% of us with lifts.

They do rotate the diff itself taking gear oil away from the pinion bearings. I personally wouldn't add one. I would spend more money and get some high angle CVs made.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

They make exactly this much of a difference...

...and since they rotate your front differential, the diff fluid is shifted away from your pinion bearings. Good stuff!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
They make exactly this much of a difference...

...and since they rotate your front differential, the diff fluid is shifted away from your pinion bearings. Good stuff!
I wouldn't put much stock in the old"they shift your fluid away from the pinion bearings" line, When are we ever dead level anyway? the other aspects are another story.