Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec lifts... Which one

Old 11-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec lifts... Which one

Im planning on getting a lift for my Truck. I want to get toytec, and cant only spend a max of 330 dollars. So which one does everyone have or like? which one should i get? I found two lifts but not sure which one to get,

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

or
Old 11-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
neither, get this one

Try to avoid spacers. The ride will not be as good. Also, you want the heavier coils for the double cab.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Why? thanks for responding, whats the difference?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

edited response^^^
Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
oh, do u have that on your truck?
Old 11-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
╒╪╕

yah. I have the kit i linked, w/ billys on the front. After i finished the install i realized i needed new UCA's. The factory UCA's are rubbing on the new springs at full droop.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
For the coil lift, you HAVE to get the 885 (medium) coils, link.

Personally, I dislike spacer lifts. So I'm gonna say get the coil kit.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the OME springs, but only if you can afford the OME n140S shocks. Ride quality with the factory shocks is going to be bad. If your on a tight budget, consider the adjustable 5100 Bilstiens.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #9
hsc001 will become famous soon enoughhsc001 will become famous soon enough

hsc001's Tacoma Gallery
going to tell you right now, i have the toytec lift coils with the aal, great kit, but looking back now i wish i would have waited. if i could do it over again i would have saved up and got some coil overs.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #10
08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Daniel
08TRDOFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
885 coils with an AAL should work for ya. I have it on my truck and it rides great. It will be alittle stiff at first, but the coils with break in and ride alot better.

I think that should run ya about $329 shipped.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
Wow ummm not really sure what you guys mean but from the sounds of it, should i get new shocks or a coilover kit or what
Old 11-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
hsc001 will become famous soon enoughhsc001 will become famous soon enough

hsc001's Tacoma Gallery
id go with coilovers. if your getting a lift might as well get the best one.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #13
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Wow ummm not really sure what you guys mean but from the sounds of it, should i get new shocks or a coilover kit or what
It really depends on what you need/want the lift for. Coilovers are great for desert raceing (though I havent found my OME set up to be lacking in anyway), but they have a higher spring rate, which = stiffer ride. The OME springs are less stiff than coilovers, but spacers are much more stiff than anything, and if you get the wrong kind, you can risk destroying your ball joints.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #14
I want a lift that now does not exceed $450, So should i get the 5100's and coilovers? i want a good ride with a 3 inch lift
Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #15
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
id wait for a coilover setup. chris is right if your planning on using the ome coils your gonna need to switch from the stock front struts. atleast thats what the guys at toytec told me when i talked to them. the stock struts will give you a rough ride according to them. plus you probably wont achieve a full 3" of lift with the ome coils. again thats from the guys at toytec
Old 11-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
Whats ome? and which kit gives me new struts?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #17
MyToyTaco, how much was your lift, i looked at your pictures and like the height of your truck
Old 11-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
id wait for a coilover setup. chris is right if your planning on using the ome coils your gonna need to switch from the stock front struts. atleast thats what the guys at toytec told me when i talked to them. the stock struts will give you a rough ride according to them. plus you probably wont achieve a full 3" of lift with the ome coils. again thats from the guys at toytec
For the record, my OME 885 springs gave me right at 3" lift without the use of the spacers, and after they settled. They were 3.4" right after install.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #19
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ome is old man emu. toytec uses their coils in the kits. so far to my knowledge toytec only has a kit with the 885(or the 884 or 886) coils and add a leafs. they carry the front struts and rear shocks but you have to order them seperately. so if your on a limited budget and you are gonna use your truck as a daily driver on the streets and freeways, you can go with the adjustable bilstein setup. alot of the guys on here really like them. and with them, if you decide to switch to coilovers toytec has a kit which you can turn your adjustable billys into adjustable coilovers.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #20
how much was yours chris?