LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma 6in Fabtech lift, Add 2in body lift?

Old 10-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
DBitar is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma 6in Fabtech lift, Add 2in body lift?

Hey, i have an 05, Radiant Red Crew Cab Prerunner, i have a 6in fabtech suspension lift on it right now, with 35, mud grapplers, my tires rub really bad when i turn right, so i was thinking of putting a 2inch body lift to clear them. but im not sure if i should do that, any suggestions? should i just get smaller tires, or is their another way to clear them without lifting it more, any ideas or opinions would be really helpful thank you!

thats the truck.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #3

DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
I already cut a good amount, i really dont want to cut anymore.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm correct your rubbing on the plastic on inside of fenders? If so body lift would work but no one on this site including I would recommend it. I say trim your plastic.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
BFH
Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtaco View Post
If I'm correct your rubbing on the plastic on inside of fenders? If so body lift would work but no one on this site including I would recommend it. I say trim your plastic.
Edit- yea just cut more. Or downsize tires. You won't regret it
Old 10-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Cab mount chop.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #10

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
why wouldnt you want to lift it more? if you lift it 2 inches it equals the same as a 2inch body lift and most likely will be cheaper....;.
Agree that to
Old 10-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #11

DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
Well, i cut alot, and im starting to think its the width of my tires thats realy killing it since there mud grapplers, what other tires do you think would look good?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have 35" mud Grapplers and they were really wide and rubbed way worse than my current tires.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #13

DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
ya thats what im saying, what kind of tires do you have on it now, would you say they look better then the mud grapplers, and how bad do they rub?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
What is it rubbing? I dont think you have cut very much, guys run 35s on 2nd gens with 3" of lift and a cab mount chop and other cutting of plastic. Hell im gonna do this to fit 35s when my 33s wear out.

From the inside:
Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #15

DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
I would cut more, but i need new tires anyway so if theres other tires that decrease the rubbing and it still looks good thats a better option for me.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #16
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you need different tires?

I like how the Nitto Trail Grapplers look.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #17

DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
I used to have 35" mud Grapplers and they were really wide and rubbed way worse than my current tires.
What kind of tires are they, do they look better then the mud grapplers, and how bad do they rub?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #18
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
well it also depends if you do any wheelin or if it is just for show
Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #19
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
No body lift. Cut shit or get different tires.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #20

DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
Why do you need different tires?

I like how the Nitto Trail Grapplers look.
mine are nearly out of tread.