Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Strut Rubbing Sway Bar

Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
tampallen is on a distinguished road
tampallen's Tacoma Gallery
Strut Rubbing Sway Bar

Had front struts replaced. Now squeak and rub sway bar. Is there a sway bar relocation kit? Is there a fix?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures? It shouldn't rub..
Old 10-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Don't have pics. It is rubbing driver's side on my 2wd Prerunner
Old 10-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
stock suspension?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Don't have pics. It is rubbing on driver's side of my 2wd Prerunner.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Yes. Stock suspension.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
shouldn't rub. Who installed the new suspension?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
Small shop on Saturday. I didn't notice until Saturday night. I took it back on Tuesday morning. They tried to fix it but could not.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #9

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking the sway bar got moved, did they try pulling it to one side or the other? There are sway bar relocation kits. swayaway, icon, and toy tec, etc. sell them
Old 10-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!
04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
04taco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
When i installed my coilovers, my sway bar was rubbing my tie rod...try checking that
Old 10-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #11
Small shop on Saturday. I didn't notice the rub until Saturday night. Took in on Tuesday morning. They attempted to fix and it did not work.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampallen View Post
Small shop on Saturday. I didn't notice the rub until Saturday night. Took in on Tuesday morning. They attempted to fix and it did not work.
you stated that already. it would be really helpful if you could take some pictures.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
Thanks going look at them.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Name: Jonathan
ironman_jon's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah like the others said before it should not rub with stock suspention on. They did something wrong.

Is it possible to put them on "backwards" ie passenger on driver side and that cause the situation?

But for what its worth here is the link for the icon relocation bracket for the sway bar

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-59...up-tacoma.html
Old 10-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
I don't think backwards would work. I will have to get relocation kit.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The shop screwed up.