LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift modification

Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
BPZ is on a distinguished road
BPZ's Tacoma Gallery
Lift modification

I noticed a "rubbing" noise from the front end- also felt wrong while driving. I took it to the shop and they replaced the Hub assembly on front axle and the shaft assembly. The shop stated that the lift is jacking my truck up. I am running a 3" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. i have 35's. Is it possible to remove the body lift with size 35's? Would this most likely alleviate the issues? Thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPZ View Post
I noticed a "rubbing" noise from the front end- also felt wrong while driving. I took it to the shop and they replaced the Hub assembly on front axle and the shaft assembly. The shop stated that the lift is jacking my truck up. I am running a 3" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. i have 35's. Is it possible to remove the body lift with size 35's? Would this most likely alleviate the issues? Thanks
Sure it's not your tires rubbing? What backspacing are you wheels? Did you trim the fender wells and chop the cab mounts?

You can't fit the 35's with. 3" lift without and aftermarket front bumper and some fender trimming.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
35s with a 3 inch lift probably would result in rubbing
Old 10-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
05TRDTACO is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
05TRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 05 double cab with a fabtech 6" and 35s and it rubbed on my cab mounts. i bet that is where your rubbing since you only have 3 inches of suspension lift. If its not rubbing there i would guess the tires are rubbing somewhere
Old 10-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #5
BPZ's Tacoma Gallery
The rubbing was dude to the worn Hub assembly and shaf assembly. This rubbing has been fixed. The reason I was inquiring about the lowering was that I was told by a couple shops (Toyota) that the lift is stressing out the vehicle. Not sure I want to trim but possibly replace wheeles with smaller size. Can anyone tell me the biggest tires I could run with just a 3" suspension lift-without replacing bumper or trimming? Recommendations on brand? Thanks
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #6
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPZ View Post
The rubbing was dude to the worn Hub assembly and shaf assembly. This rubbing has been fixed. The reason I was inquiring about the lowering was that I was told by a couple shops (Toyota) that the lift is stressing out the vehicle. Not sure I want to trim but possibly replace wheeles with smaller size. Can anyone tell me the biggest tires I could run with just a 3" suspension lift-without replacing bumper or trimming? Recommendations on brand? Thanks
If the lift is "stressing" the vehical I don't see how it could be the body lift. How are your cv's? Angels? Boots rubbing in places?

I think the largest size tire you can run with "NO" trimming is 265-75-16. I know guys run 285/75/16 but thats with trimming and even then offroad you will/could have some rub. Guys like 255-85-16 too. I think you could get away with running them no trimming.

And tires depends what your doing. Wheeling I suggest the km2.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
BPZ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.