Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 front coil/install question

Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
ruger1 is on a distinguished road
ruger1's Tacoma Gallery
5100 front coil/install question

I removed my front coilover assembly and took them to a shop so that they could install my new 5100 shocks. When i was installling the coilover assembly back on the truck i noticed that the lower end of the coil springs are not exactly aligned like is shown in the picture from page one of the tutorial. According to the picture the lower end of the springs should both be facing the rear of the vehicle and they are both in the same position. One my mine is slightly over rotated. Is this a big deal? I sure hope not because i installed them anyways and am getting new tires and an alignment tommorow. Please advise.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger1 View Post
I removed my front coilover assembly and took them to a shop so that they could install my new 5100 shocks. When i was installling the coilover assembly back on the truck i noticed that the lower end of the coil springs are not exactly aligned like is shown in the picture from page one of the tutorial. According to the picture the lower end of the springs should both be facing the rear of the vehicle and they are both in the same position. One my mine is slightly over rotated. Is this a big deal? I sure hope not because i installed them anyways and am getting new tires and an alignment tommorow. Please advise.
Take a picture of it and we will be able to assist you.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If the coil is not oriented correctly, some have had issues with the coil hitting the control arm. As KPT said, pictures would help but as far as I've ever heard, unless the coil is hitting the UCA, the orientation of the coil won't cause any harm.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
ruger1's Tacoma Gallery
I just had new tires installed and the they checked the coil for me. They stated that it was not a big deal and that it was not kitting anything. Thanks
Old 10-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
ruger1's Tacoma Gallery
Well, after reading some threads i realized that the front coils are side specific. I had no idea and am not sure if i put them back on the correct side. Is it a big deal if they are reversed?. I have the 1" lean that i had before i touched anything up front so i am assuming i got lucky and put them back on the right side.