1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Top plates for my Toytec

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 705 Taco, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Oct 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    705 Taco

705 Taco [OP] Zombie Killer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Barrie ON / St. Petersburg FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR AC
    --Stock 2016. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 had 6 inch ProComp lift, Eibach coils on 5100 Bilsteins at zero, 1/4 inch Toytec spacer on drivers side, rear TSB, 1.5 inch Deaver AAL, ProComp blocks and rear shocks, 8000 lb Warn winch on a Trans4mer grill guard, 33 inch BFG AT's, 18x9 XD Monsters, PIAA headlights, PIAA driving lights, Pyro's blue LED gauges, LED strip below tailgate, Armor Lid hard tonno, Hidden Hitch, Dee Zee bed mat, Tint, XM, Garmin GPS, Ultra Gauge
    I just received a package from Toytec. I got a Deaver 1.5 inch AAL, a pair of top plate spacers, and a Taco lean spacer. I currently have Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's set at .85 up front and stock rear TSB springs. I also have about 200 lbs on my bumper with the winch and mount. Can you guys look at the pic below (sorry for the poor quality) and tell me if I should put all three spacers up front with the AAL or if I should put the Lean correcting spacer on the passenger side and just one top plate spacer on the drivers side. I want the truck to sit level or slightly tail high while hopefully avoiding the need for UCA's.

Thanks for the help.

photox2_01ed323b84c55649b89b4eff54d121fd088fcaa5.jpg

2. Oct 22, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    705 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR AC
    --Stock 2016. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 had 6 inch ProComp lift, Eibach coils on 5100 Bilsteins at zero, 1/4 inch Toytec spacer on drivers side, rear TSB, 1.5 inch Deaver AAL, ProComp blocks and rear shocks, 8000 lb Warn winch on a Trans4mer grill guard, 33 inch BFG AT's, 18x9 XD Monsters, PIAA headlights, PIAA driving lights, Pyro's blue LED gauges, LED strip below tailgate, Armor Lid hard tonno, Hidden Hitch, Dee Zee bed mat, Tint, XM, Garmin GPS, Ultra Gauge
    Thanks Wolf.
    I was kind of expecting an answer like this and you make total sense. I want to do the AAL for sure. I also considered just putting the lean spacer up front. My big plan is to do the RCD lift this spring with new wheels and 33 inch tires and putting my current Eibachs with it. Strange thing is there's guys on here with 3 inch front kits and they have way more fender to tire gap than I do.

3. Oct 22, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    705 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR AC
    You seem pretty coherent:). Well at least ur not telling me to put the AAL up front. My driver side hub to fender measures 22 inches exactly. Pass side is 22.5 inches. I know not to go over 23 on either side. The numbers u states above are actual shim thicknesses. They provide double that amount in lift at the wheel unless I read that wrong.

I just checked Toytec's site and the lean spacer provides approximately .5 inches and the thicker ones provide approximately .75 inches. Maybe I'll put the thin one on the passenger side and one of the thicker ones on the driver side. Both sides should be 23 inches or under but I still might have a slight difference from side to side.

Products Discussed in

To Top