LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Will I regret this??

Old 10-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Will I regret this??

I am going to be installing 5100's in the front this week at 1.75. Shocks and leaf springs are all stock. If I add a 1" block in the back will I really see any axle wrap or any other problems? Also this is mostly my daily driver. I don't really do any heavy off roading. I know this isn't my best option and I will eventually get new leaf packs but right now I can't.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
5100s up front should be fine & the rear why not add a aal
Old 10-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I don't want to run the 5100's at 2.5" and I was afraid if I go with the smaller 1.5" AAL that it would still have the rear high rake. Do you think the 1.5" AAL and 5100's set at 1.75 will be about level?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Come and take them.

I shouldn't need new U bolts for the AAL wither should I?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Come and take them.

Lastly will the AAL be okay with the stock rear shock or will I need to go with 5100's in the rear?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I think you can use stock u bolts just use the center pin that comes with new aal
Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
Come and take them.

I will just put the 5100's on first and go from there. I have this annoying clunk in the rear when I go over any decent sized bump. I took it to the dealer today and he automatically said I need new leaf springs at only 70k miles. That doesn't sound right.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
PEPCATCH11 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Fire Equipment Operator
Name: Dan
PEPCATCH11's Tacoma Gallery
The Bilstein 5100's set at 2.5" using the stock springs and a 1.5" AAL with the stock non-TSB leaf springs will level the truck...about 1" rake. Just FYI.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPCATCH11 View Post
The Bilstein 5100's set at 2.5" using the stock springs and a 1.5" AAL with the stock non-TSB leaf springs will level the truck...about 1" rake. Just FYI.
That's how my truck is and it ride great, but I do have 5100's all the way around.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendbolden View Post
I will just put the 5100's on first and go from there. I have this annoying clunk in the rear when I go over any decent sized bump. I took it to the dealer today and he automatically said I need new leaf springs at only 70k miles. That doesn't sound right.
Sounds right on the leafs... Stock leafs aren't the greatest and blocks are instant axle wrap...

Are your leaf springs flat or even de-arched?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
Come and take them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
Sounds right on the leafs... Stock leafs aren't the greatest and blocks are instant axle wrap...

Are your leaf springs flat or even de-arched?
No they still have a good arch to them. I can really jump on the back of the truck and simulate the clunk. I didn't look at it but the tech told me they weren't bottoming out. There are clearly marks on the bump stops though. Either way I think an AAL will solve my problems. I am eventually going to get a new leaf pack and new shocks in the rear and new springs in the front.