Billstein 5100 123 67.58%
Billstein 5125 23 12.64%
OME N182 19 10.44%
Factory w/ Extenders 7 3.85%
Other (explain) 10 5.49%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #21
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Thanks for settin it str8 Chris...good info
Old 11-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #22
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
No, you can run them with the stock springs. I ran 5100s for a while with only the TSB done. Hope this helps.
thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #23
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just have the TOYTEC AAL with stock shocks. I also get the "thump" when going over speed bumps and on some trails. I just got done looking at the TOYTEC shock extenders, I am probably going to get these get rid of my "thump". Anybody get these for there stock TRD shocks?
Old 11-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #25
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just put on 5125's last week, no more speed bump thump. they ride real nice. I didn't add the brake lines..
Old 11-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #26
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
is there any downfall to using the extenders for the stocks?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #27
╒╪╕

from what i've read, the only downfall is that you lose up-travel..
Old 11-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #28
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The 5100's for the rear of the Tacoma are pretty close to the same size. However, they a microcelularurathane damper in the top of the shock that prevents topping out problems. (I got this info right from Bilstien). Once the damper starts to compress the damper allows the shock to extend about 1" further than stock when articulating in an off camber section of trail, which translates to a 2" more extension at the wheel, or close to it. Unloaded, the shocks will look the same length, but the 5100's will actually extend 1" more. I hope this makes sence.
It has been a long week. You spelt sense wrong.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #29
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
It has been a long week. You spelt sense wrong.
LOL Stick around, I misspell LOTS of words!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #31
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
5100 with TSB AAL. I like it!!
Been trying to find this on the site but cant. How much was it, and what would you say is your total lift height?

Thanks.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #32
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Been trying to find this on the site but cant. How much was it, and what would you say is your total lift height?

Thanks.
The AAL from ToyTec designed for trucks with the TSB is $79 bucks or a little less if you use one of my discounts. The total lift is 1-1.5" depending on model. Your TSB should have given you about a 1" lift after settling so with the AAl you'll be looking at around 2-2.5" of total rear lift. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #33
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post

Thanks.

My total lift was a bit over 3" tires included. When i get home i'll see what the starting measurment was. I think it was 37" to center of wheel well it is a bit over 40" when i was done with the lift. Just took a mesurement on rocks and it looks like 39 5/8". They say the TSB will settle a bit so we will see. Over all I'm very pleased with what i'v done so far. I went from the 245' stck dunny's to 265/75/16 nitto which i think by the tire chart i got just about 1/2" out of that.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #34
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
This is what i have into my trucks lift so far:

5100,s set to 2.5 $269.00
Installed Fronts $180.00
installed rears $90.00
Tires 265/75/16 NTG $509.00
Install $65.00
Alignment $125.00
toytec AAL $84.00

$1322.00

I could have saved a few more bucks on my AAL but I ordered it before i got the dicount from Neabs. I Used that dicount for my diff drop.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #35
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My total lift was a bit over 3" tires included. When i get home i'll see what the starting measurment was. I think it was 37" to center of wheel well it is a bit over 40" when i was done with the lift. Just took a mesurement on rocks and it looks like 39 5/8". They say the TSB will settle a bit so we will see. Over all I'm very pleased with what i'v done so far. I went from the 245' stck dunny's to 265/75/16 nitto which i think by the tire chart i got just about 1/2" out of that.
Yeah, I saw the pics in your gallery. Your truck is looking great! PS - The TSB will settle, just give it time.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #39
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is what i have into my trucks lift so far:

5100,s set to 2.5 $269.00
Installed Fronts $180.00
installed rears $90.00
Tires 265/75/16 NTG $509.00
Install $65.00
Alignment $125.00
toytec AAL $84.00

$1322.00

I could have saved a few more bucks on my AAL but I ordered it before i got the dicount from Neabs. I Used that dicount for my diff drop.

Duck did you have to get the diff drop because you got vibrations? Still have them?
Old 07-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #40
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the TSB leaf pack with a 1.75" lift Wheeler's Tundra AAL and a 1" block set with a pair of 5100's that have the toytec extenders bolted on them. The 5100's didnt have enough down travel with that much lift in the rear initially, but with the extenders on them the rear end works awesome. Rides smooth, and has tons of flex too- just check out my avatar pic and you'll see what I mean about flex.