Billstein 5100 123 67.58%
Billstein 5125 23 12.64%
OME N182 19 10.44%
Factory w/ Extenders 7 3.85%
Other (explain) 10 5.49%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #41
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Duck did you have to get the diff drop because you got vibrations? Still have them?

No I got the diff drop because it was cheap and some folks on here recommended it. I did have a small vibe in the front passenger side but that seem to go away.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #42
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
what is the diff. betweeen 5100, 5125, 5150????
Old 07-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #43
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
what is the diff. betweeen 5100, 5125, 5150????
here,check them out.
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/c-64...absorbers.html
Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #44
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Billy 5100's on all corners. Smoove ridin'.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #45
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Will 5100's in the rear lift the back at all without an AAL? Depending on the valving/stiffness compared to the factory shock I would think they could.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #46
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aww1970 View Post
Will 5100's in the rear lift the back at all without an AAL? Depending on the valving/stiffness compared to the factory shock I would think they could.
No. Need either an AAL or block to lift the rear. The 5100s will allow for slightly more flex though, or so I'm told.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #47
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

Name: Scott
SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
so why is everyone going with billy 5100's over OME, just want to know some reasons..

ps Nick, FINALLY get my truck back tomorrow, a little over 300 for axel, boot, and install/labor, i'm not including the 184.00 for the emu shock though, not bad though, could have been worse.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #48
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLTaco09 View Post
No. Need either an AAL or block to lift the rear. The 5100s will allow for slightly more flex though, or so I'm told.
Ture +1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOH View Post
so why is everyone going with billy 5100's over OME, just want to know some reasons..

ps Nick, FINALLY get my truck back tomorrow, a little over 300 for axel, boot, and install/labor, i'm not including the 184.00 for the emu shock though, not bad though, could have been worse.
5100s offer a softer ride over the OME rear shocks, that is why many people choose the run them. Both are great shocks.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #49
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the 5100's are cheaper and solve your lift and new shock problem in one package. everybody's working on a budget these days
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #50
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 1.5" Toytec blocks in the rear(until next week when I'm having a fifth leaf installed).I too was experiencing a nasty top out "thunk" with my stock rear shocks.I called Sonny at DSMS and after some discussion and measurements we decided on 5125's for the rear.....No more "thunk",rides like buttah!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #51
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the toytec aal with 5100s. imo it rides kinda rough. Ive got the wheelers 3 leaf pack in my room waiting to go on, just havent found the time
Old 11-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #52
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:

Scott:

Just came across this thread again. I was un-subscribed. I wasn't ignoring you

Update on my shock setup:

I think my right rear 5125 shock is blown. It looks like there is a leak (see pic) and when I go over bumps, it sounds like there is no oil in the shock, it's making some funky noises..
Old 11-28-2009, 06:29 AM   #53
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
In my opinion stay away from the shock extenders. I got half way through the installation and did not like them. Did not seem sturdy enough for me. I immediately put a set of rear 5100's on order with next day shipping. Another life lesson on doing things right the first time.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #55
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Saturday stayed home mostly, Sunday I was in north hollywood. where were you?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #56
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
haha yeah i wasn't sure if it was you but it was worth a try, i was up at cal city just for a little bit and it was in mojave where a guy had the same truck as you
Old 02-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #58
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for the 5125s...for the extended travel
Old 02-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #59
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
The AAL from ToyTec designed for trucks with the TSB is $79 bucks or a little less if you use one of my discounts. The total lift is 1-1.5" depending on model. Your TSB should have given you about a 1" lift after settling so with the AAl you'll be looking at around 2-2.5" of total rear lift. Let me know if you have any questions.
just curious, what discount are you talking about? i'm about to order at ToyTec aal and i'm a poor college student so every little bit helps.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #60
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's the toytec discount code. Can't remember what it is but it's something like tacoma or tacomaworld I think. PM neubs and he'll let you know I believe.