Billstein 5100 123 67.58%
Billstein 5125 23 12.64%
OME N182 19 10.44%
Factory w/ Extenders 7 3.85%
Other (explain) 10 5.49%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Toytec Rear AAL

For those of you who have the rear AAL from Toytec (or similar), i'm wondering which shocks you are running for the rear.

How do you like them? Any problems? Up/Down travel?

psh
Old 11-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Im running 5100s in the rear and have zero problems. They feel great!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Procomp ES1000's. I've had no problems with them. I got them because they were cheap.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Procomp ES1000's. I've had no problems with them. I got them because they were cheap.

This is the reason i posted a poll. I was interested i getting the ProComp's because of price. I've heard from a few people that these shocks are crap, but the guys at toytech recommended this over the billy's and OME shocks..
Old 11-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
This is the reason i posted a poll. I was interested i getting the ProComp's because of price. I've heard from a few people that these shocks are crap, but the guys at toytech recommended this over the billy's and OME shocks..
I've had them for a year now with no problems. I've wheeled them and daily driven them. I don't tow any thing and rarely haul any weight. This is my 1st truck, 1st lift, etc, so I don't have anything to compare them to. I've also heard some members say they don't like them, but I don't remember any real reasons why.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
╒╪╕

Good info... thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'm running an AAL w/ stocks and no extensions and i havent had any probs yet....but after i get the tsb done i'll get the tsb-AAL from toytec and upgrade the rears to 5100's
Old 11-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
5100's with an AAL and TSB springs and 5100's. Love it!
Old 11-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
5100's with an AAL and TSB springs and 5100's. Love it!
DAMN....4 5100's.....that thing has to ride like a dream!!! lol
Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
╒╪╕

Here's my problem. Right now i have the stock shocks w/ the rear AAL. When offroading, or even hitting speed bumps there is a loud "THUNK". I'm pretty sure what's happening is the shock is too short which is causing the shock to pull down on the top mount when the wheels drop. I can actually feel the rear of the truck being "pulled down"....am i on track here?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #11
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
DAMN....4 5100's.....that thing has to ride like a dream!!! lol
LMAO!! Its been a LONG week.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Here's my problem. Right now i have the stock shocks w/ the rear AAL. When offroading, or even hitting speed bumps there is a loud "THUNK". I'm pretty sure what's happening is the shock is too short which is causing the shock to pull down on the top mount when the wheels drop. I can actually feel the rear of the truck being "pulled down"....am i on track here?
i had that happen on my 07 when i had the tsb springs and 2" blocks. for a quick fix, i installed some 3" extenders and never had another issue on or offroad. not the best thing to do though. i'd go w/ some 5100's in the rear and u should be fine
Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
╒╪╕

Did you compare the stockie and 5100 in size? I looked at one from my buddies shop and the 5100 was actually a tad shorter than the stock shock. Maybe this was for a different application?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Did you compare the stockie and 5100 in size? I looked at one from my buddies shop and the 5100 was actually a tad shorter than the stock shock. Maybe this was for a different application?
the 5100's are supposed to be made to work w/ trucks lifted 0-2". thats more than the stocks are meant to work with
Old 11-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
the 5100's are supposed to be made to work w/ trucks lifted 0-2". thats more than the stocks are meant to work with
X2
Old 11-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #16
╒╪╕

so if the 5100 is physically shorter than the stock shock, how is it supposed to make up for the 0-2 inches of lift? I'm not trying to challenge your intelligence, only to understand how the 5100 will solve my problem..
Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
so if the 5100 is physically shorter than the stock shock, how is it supposed to make up for the 0-2 inches of lift? I'm not trying to challenge your intelligence, only to understand how the 5100 will solve my problem..
i would say that the shock ur friend had wasnt specifically for a taco. bilstein specifically says that the 5100's for a taco is for 0-2" of lift.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #18

Quote:
The 5100's for the rear of the Tacoma are pretty close to the same size. However, they a microcelularurathane damper in the top of the shock that prevents topping out problems. (I got this info right from Bilstien). Once the damper starts to compress the damper allows the shock to extend about 1" further than stock when articulating in an off camber section of trail, which translates to a 2" more extension at the wheel, or close to it. Unloaded, the shocks will look the same length, but the 5100's will actually extend 1" more. I hope this makes sence.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #19
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
question: do you have to have the AAL in the back to run Billy 5100s. im thinking of just running all four for my shocks.