Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help! Need advice on lift kit and tires!

Old 10-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Dr. Muggles is on a distinguished road
Dr. Muggles's Tacoma Gallery
Need help! Need advice on lift kit and tires!

I need some advice. My tires that came with the truck have come to an end, now it is time for a lift with new rims and tires. Can anyone help me in this process?
I am looking to put 33" x 10-12" tires with a 3" lift. Is this possible. I have been looking through all of the posts and have been confused, so I thought I would start a thread to get direct help!

What lift kit should I be looking at?

Do I need spacers?

What should I be looking at for rims and tires?

Thanks,

2010 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4x4!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Might help if you tell people the year of truck? 4X4 Pre Runner. Also use the search button bro
Old 10-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Why not get the shock that are designed to go with the 885 coils?
Get the whole OME lift? http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Skip the diff drop. It does not help & can cause damage. I got the 885s & Dakars. Rides great on & off road.
Dont forget the ToyTec TW discount. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...ount-code.html

Old Man Emu suspension systems are designed, tested, and built in Australia. Four wheelers everywhere should expect a system that will provide the load carrying requirements for work, increased wheel travel for use off-highway, and ride suppleness to eliminate the harshness of washboard roads and choppy city streets. Old Man Emu designs its suspensions for the safest allowable lift, ensuring improved control and handling and increasing wheel travel for excellent off-highway performance. Old Man Emu suspensions also allow you to carry the heavy loads common to expedition vehicles without sagging the springs.

More About Old Man Emu Suspension Products
Suspension, especially when referring to 4WDs, is extremely complex. Determining the right solution for each 4x4 requires special attention to many factors, with weight being the most critical. This relationship between vehicle weight and suspension is where Old Man Emu gets its name - the emu is a large Australian flightless bird, when it runs, its powerful legs absorb most of the impact, allowing it to move over all types of terrain while its body remains virtually motionless. This is what Old Man Emu strives to achieve with its range of fully integrated 4x4 shocks and suspension systems. Old Man Emu suspension systems include carefully matched spring and shock combinations engineered to improve vehicle ride, handling and control under various loads.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
OME all the way. Also get some LR UCA's so your steering doesn't suck.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 2nd Lt @TBS
Name: Nick
Strautins's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2.5" spacer right now, thinking about getting the OME and some LR UCA's. When is it necessary to get a top spacer? I have 285/75/16's on the truck right now and have no problems with rubbing and want at least the same amount of lift so I keep the truck rub free but the ride sucks on the spacers that came with the TXpro package...
Old 10-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

***not to hi-jack, just thought that some of the responders on here could quickly answer my question since it was related to the OME lift.***
Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strautins View Post
I have a 2.5" spacer right now, thinking about getting the OME and some LR UCA's. When is it necessary to get a top spacer? I have 285/75/16's on the truck right now and have no problems with rubbing and want at least the same amount of lift so I keep the truck rub free but the ride sucks on the spacers that came with the TXpro package...
You will get around a 2 1/2" to 2 3/4" lift up front on a DC with 885s and no spacers. 1/4" spacer will give you 1/2" lift.
You got spacers on a T/X Pro or do you mean adding spacers to the T/X Pro shocks & springs?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #8

Spacers came installed on my txpro along with an aal. I hate the ride and constantly read great things about OME, I would like to go OME without spacers and just wanted some input. Not sure if it changes anything but I'm ordering an allpro (or similar) plate bumper and winch at the same time I order a lift so I may need 886 coils? Your input is much appreciated.

Also...I have the txpro wheels so the backspacing was ideal, got away with a 285/75/16 with no body mount chop and no rubbing.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #9
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strautins View Post
Spacers came installed on my txpro along with an aal. I hate the ride and constantly read great things about OME, I would like to go OME without spacers and just wanted some input. Not sure if it changes anything but I'm ordering an allpro (or similar) plate bumper and winch at the same time I order a lift so I may need 886 coils? Your input is much appreciated. Yes that changes things.

Also...I have the txpro wheels so the backspacing was ideal, got away with a 285/75/16 with no body mount chop and no rubbing.
The guy I got my lift from had a TRD AC with Relentless Fab bumper, winch, sliders and skids. He tried the 886s but "felt like he was being asaulted" so he went back to 885s with a 1/4" spacer. Not sure how much lift he had with that setup (you can PM Sierrahsky and ask) but I got a full 3" without the spacer on my AC.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #10

Ok, sounds like I'll try the 885s with a 1/4 inch spacer, LR UCA, and a new leaf pack in the back. Thanks for the input bro. I'll definitely shoot that other guy a PM too.