Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Springtech Spindles? $500

Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Springtech Spindles? $500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-11-Tacoma...item4aaf9f5c40
Seems like a pretty good deal, but i've never heard of these guys before.

Thoughts?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Weird. Saw some for sale in the Oc Craigslist. I was gunna take a look at em
Old 10-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah, I wonder how they compare to Camburg's. I mean, it's just a big hunk of metal, can't really fuck that up. know what I mean? I don't see how the Camburg's would be more superior.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
it might just be 1 spindle...
Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
might just be small things that are different yah know i would have to see those to compare with my camburgs yah know
Yeah, couldn't find much info on their website. I'm sure someone out there has these or knows more about them. Hope they can chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk3 View Post
it might just be 1 spindle...
No, it's for both.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
From looking at the link, they say that they are cast. Potential issues when compared to Camburg / TC, is that they would be heavier and could possibly be weaker
Old 10-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #9

^ Good point.

Any other thoughts?... Or maybe someone that has a set?... Or maybe someone that knows someone that has a set?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting, Half the price of the other spindles. I did some quick searching and saw that they are made by Doetsch spindles, which look reputable. Hm more research....but definitely got me lookin'
Old 10-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
buy them and let me know!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm.... review time...

edit.... just called the guy. i asked them what happens if they fail. he said they are not covered by warranty for offroading. (typical) I then asked what if they just happen to break. He said prove to me your weren't offroading. I stated, "so what you mean this is how your going to get out of replacing it with this statement." Then he was like uhhhh I mean well they may but you might have a hard time. I told him we have about 10 guys looking at them on a forum, and he then said that yeah they should be replaced.

But big asterisk mark here.... He is not the manufacturer he is just a dealer.

so who is going be the first to buy them???
Old 10-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
just contacted camburg also. there spindles are machine cut billet steel and all welded. he told me that cast is more brittle which could lead to breaks. he saids it a cheap alternative and he does not use it on his products.

And I also found out that if anyone has Light Racing UCAs they will fit with camburg spindles... I've been researching that question for a while to see if it will fit my set up and couldn't find an answer.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #15

^ Good research.

I know cast is weaker, but unless you plan on racing baja, I think they should do just fine for the casual offroader like most of us on here. I'll definately keep these in mind when I'm ready to upgrade. Gonna need to buy a set of new tires first, though.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #16
Hardshell Taco
cornnuts is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
cornnuts's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-25-2011, 06:00 AM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
our stock spindles are cast as well and ive never had problems with mine breaking. I bet those would be fine for "normal" offroading. I wouldnt get them if I was jumping dunes or anything though
Old 11-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #18
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
i saw these in another thread im not sure if u all saw but they had horrible reviews saying they never recieved the product, its the thread on the spindle group buy for like 480
Old 11-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #19
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
I just wish I had the money for some Camburgs! I wanna try the cast ones, I don't plan on doing anything hardcore but I also don't wanna be driving down the road or playing out in the desert just to find out that I made the wrong decision and end up having to pay more after fixing everything damaged from a $500 part. Decisions decisions!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
blitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
blitton08's Tacoma Gallery
Do yall know if anyone makes 2" lift spindles?