Notices

Leveling

Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
mkerros has a spectacular aura aboutmkerros has a spectacular aura about
Navy: aviation electricians mate 2nd class
Name: Mike
mkerros's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling

Would you guys recomend leveling with hockey pucks untill i can afford a full leveling kit. Thanks for the help and any advice in how to do it would be great.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Would I recommend it.......no.....hell no!! Do I encourage it? Yeeeesss!!

And please.....PLEASE.......post some pics.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
Would I recommend it.......no.....hell no!! Do I encourage it? Yeeeesss!!

And please.....PLEASE.......post some pics.

hahhah
Old 11-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say save your money and do it right the first time.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
mkerros's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks for the info. Well as soon as I get my cammera working ill post some pics.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
No. hah
Old 11-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #8
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
in the old days peeps used to use hockey pucks as " Body Lifts" Not suspension lifts... Do not even try it!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerros View Post
Would you guys recomend leveling with hockey pucks untill i can afford a full leveling kit. Thanks for the help and any advice in how to do it would be great.

Hockey Puck Lift
The basic is simple, lift the body with hockey puck. The use of hockey puck is feared by many, they say the puck are fragile and can break in cold weather. But in my opinion, hockey puck are made for playing on the ice, so the are made to be tough when frozen.
I did a hockey puck lift on my first samurai, I used the truck for 4 months in the winter and nothing happened to the hockey puck. A friend of mine used hockey puck for lifting his Blazer two years ago, and the hockey puck are still there doing their job.

The only failure I had with hockey puck was not caused by the puck themselves. My exhaust pipe brooke loose, and the end of my exhaust pipe went right in front of the puck under the tail gate on the driver side. After 2 weeks of heavy heat the puck melted on the outside, but the middle of the puck stayed intact, supporting the body.
The best height is 2 inch. 3inch can be reach, but the steering wheel will need to be adjusted, the fuel filler hose will need to be extended, your shifter hole in the body will need to be opened bigger and your transfer case lever will be very low. So 2inch of body lift is a good lift, and all those PITA won't have to be done.

The best way to hockey puck lifting is:

1- Go buy the number of puck you need (20 for me), some length of 4inch PVC pipe, some flexible epoxy (plumber epoxy) and longer screw for you body bolts.

2- Sand one side and the exterior of each puck, for better adhesion.

3- Cut the 4inch pipe on section of the height of 2 hockey puck (or 3 pucks if you want a 3inch lift..)

4- Put epoxy around one puck, slide it in the pipe you just cut, put epoxy in the pipe wall and on puck inside the pipe and put the second puck in the pipe. This way both puck will be protected inside the pipe, and the pipe give en extra strength to the pucks.

5- When the epoxy dried, drill a hole just smaller then the size of the body bolts.

6- Put the puck under your body and secure you body with the longer bolts you bought.

Here is an example of puking, the puck if well done. But the body is rotten to death.

source
Old 11-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
mkerros's Tacoma Gallery
well ive decided agains doing this and am going to wait tell i can afford to do it right. Just trying to figure out now what size tires to go with. Im really not looking to lift it any just want to level it out. One of the guys I work with leveled his truck out and it looks really nice. So if any of you can give me any help on tire sizes would be greatly appreciated.