Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Complete Lift Kit Fox 2.5" vs. Toytec Ult / Radflo / Icon (2nd Gen)

Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Slinging parts since '03
The Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The Parts Whore's Tacoma Gallery
Complete Lift Kit Fox 2.5" vs. Toytec Ult / Radflo / Icon (2nd Gen)

If you were to purchase a complete suspension lift kit for your 2nd gen, which would you spend your hard earned money on?

*Comparing apples to apples, and knowing what you know regarding quality and performance.

Fox 2.5" (non remote-reservoir) and 2.0" rear shocks with All-Pro 3" full rear expedition leafs springs.

By all means, this is not meant to bash on anyone, just seeing which kit would you consider the best bang for your buck.

1.) Toytec Bilstein Ultimate Lift Kit - $1150 with the AAL
...or an extra $439 for Dakar full leaf springs.

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72

2.) Toytec Radflo Ultimate Lift Kit - $1150 (with the 2.0" body coilovers)
...or an extra $190 for 2.5" body and $439 Dakar full leaf springs.

3.) Icon Stage 1 - $1500

2.5" (non remote-reservoir) and rear remote reservoir shocks. But no full leaf springs or even AAL.

In my honest opinion, these coilovers and shocks are almost identical to the Fox 2.5" that I'm offering,
except the fact that their price doesn't offer a full set of rear leaf springs.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Out of those 3 kits, I would spend my money on the Toytec Ultimate as I need new leafs for my truck... I personally am most likely going to pick up the OME full kit in the near future which rings in at about $1300. If I could get a Fox kit for not much more, I may consider it.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Slinging parts since '03
The Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think you might have missed the point of the post. If I can offer the Fox's with the All-Pro 3" expedition rear leafs for $1550, would that be comparable to the 3 other kits listed.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
FOX+AP EXPOS= WIN
Old 10-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyissuperman View Post
I think you might have missed the point of the post. If I can offer the Fox's with the All-Pro 3" expedition rear leafs for $1550, would that be comparable to the 3 other kits listed.
I understood what you are possibly offering... my answer is yes, I think that it would be comparable
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
FOX+AP EXPOS= WIN
x2 out of those thats the best option IMO
Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
Slinging parts since '03

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I understood what you are possibly offering... my answer is yes, I think that it would be comparable
Awesome, hopefully you'll keep it as an option once you're ready to purchase.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
Slinging parts since '03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
x2 out of those thats the best option IMO
I personally think its the best bang for your buck kit out there as well.

$1550 is a tentative price right now, but possibly $1500 flat + shipping if I can get group buy minimum of 5 orders.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i have 5 lug so couldnt but i think thats a great deal. front fox's alone are around $1000
Old 10-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Awesome, hopefully you'll keep it as an option once you're ready to purchase.
Yeah, let me know exactly what you have to offer when it comes to and I will definitely consider it. If nothing else, Fox shocks are just beast! lol
Old 10-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
Slinging parts since '03

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Yeah, let me know exactly what you have to offer when it comes to and I will definitely consider it. If nothing else, Fox shocks are just beast! lol
The offer is posted right up there!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #12
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm...
Old 10-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #13
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery

Seems to be a pretty good price
Old 10-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
FOX+AP EXPOS= WIN
x3
Old 10-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The offer is posted right up there!
so does this belong in the"for sale"section?im not getting this.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
Slinging parts since '03

Thinking about putting together a group buy if there's enough interests, just getting some comparison opinions from some fellow members. A separate "for sale" thread will be posted in the appropriate section.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #18
Slinging parts since '03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post

Seems to be a pretty good price
So you'd rather get this setup for $1779?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #19
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Def liking the prices.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
The Toytec and Fox options offer the best bang for the buck.

Just FYI, the Icon C/Os have a 650lb spring compared to a 600lb spring for the Fox units...the Icons will cope a little better with armor weight if a user adds metal down the road...if anyone's wondering.

Also, any chance on partial purchases? Like could I snag a set of those Dakars for $440? And what kind of shipping costs are we talking?