So I've been neglecting this forum for a few months now cause I've been abroad but recently returned and just upgraded to the TRD Supercharger. LOVE IT! Next step was the sound system but I'm over it and will do that later...I want to upgrade my suspension THE RIGHT WAY as well as replace my tires/wheels. I've read for hours on the forums here and some of the stickies are incredible...not to mention the drool-worthy builds. Below are my goals and then what I think I want and a few questions...however I know there are some veterans in this game who could definitely set me up right. All my thanks in advance! And if I missed a post that can answer these, by all means yell at me and send me a link.
- Lift my ride safely and correctly w/o compromise (aka no spacer shananigans!)
- Not really on a budget....but will sh*t a brick if you think I'm spending $10g on an upgrade like this
- 3"-6"...I've seen Tacos that look great on both...I don't want a monster truck but I want something that can rock 33's and hold it's own anywhere from a day's worth of mudding to amateur competitions. Probably more towards the 3".
- Possibly do it myself (w/ a friend) but not above going to an auto-shop
- No jerry-rigging, if something breaks it's cause of part failure not install failure
- Have a full and complete suspension upgrade...not piece mealing parts of it or waiting for money down the road...I want it all done at one (or over a week, whatever)...but not dragging out as some project over months
- I think LT is the best way to go so new coilovers, leaf packs in the rear and probably an upgrade to a 285/70R17...though folks said to rock the 16's from experience. (Cost)
- I am really digging the ICONs & total chaos, but sometimes it seems like brand names are all about fanboys shouting out...if you can justify something better PLEASE inform me
- Is 3" of lift enough?...leaning towards a blend of performance and aesthetics...but some trucks look freakin' dumb with these huge lifts and personally I've seen more 3" lifts on here that look legit versus 6" lifts
- What all will I need? I know most coilover kits come with all the necessities but are there hidden parts/items I should be wary of?
Allright, well I have a nagging feeling that some people are rolling there eyes about these questions...but we all started here at one time and I am trying my best to get up to speed on everything this forum covered on the subject. Thanks again.