Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100, Stock coil and Taco Lean ????

Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
03DBLCABTACO's Tacoma Gallery
5100, Stock coil and Taco Lean ????

If i use 5100's at 2.5 with the stock coils, which i believe are different for left and right will this result in my truck leaning to the pass side ???
i have the tsb springs in the rear, and am looking to level my truck as there is about 2.0 inch difference from front to rear.. that is the rear is 2.0 higher
Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If you are reusing stock coils, the lean should be no different with 5100s compared to stock shocks.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
03DBLCABTACO's Tacoma Gallery
thanks. planning on install thurs or fri..along with lr uca's. 5100's will be here tomorrow..i appreciate your response.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
According to Chris4x2 the left coil is longer. Never checked this myself - went the expensive route and bought coilovers.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
Beerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Beerrun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
According to Chris4x2 the left coil is longer. Never checked this myself - went the expensive route and bought coilovers.
Chris is a grown man that's afraid of spiders, who you gonna believe?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrun View Post
Chris is a grown man that's afraid of spiders, who you gonna believe?
If it was a choice between chris4x4 and you and it was about Tacos no question about it chris4x4 the Taco Guru.
And if the coils are the same why does the driver side one have white & blue paint on it and the passenger side have white & red paint on it?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The coils are different PNs according to the parts catalog. I don't think there's a need to keep the left and right coils handed unless there's a length difference.

BTW, for anyone trying to measure the amount of lean (or adjusting a coilcover perch to take it out) , be sure to measure while the sway bar is disconnected, or the results will be inconsistent.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The coils are different PNs according to the parts catalog. I don't think there's a need to keep the left and right coils handed unless there's a length difference.

BTW, for anyone trying to measure the amount of lean (or adjusting a coilcover perch to take it out) , be sure to measure while the sway bar is disconnected, or the results will be inconsistent.
There is a difference in length (2 different part #s) to prevent Taco Lean.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #11
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
There is a difference in length (2 different part #s) to prevent Taco Lean.
Interesting. Thanks for the education! I don't remember any obvious difference in the OME 881 coils I bought earlier this year. Probably a dumb question, but were they also two different lengths?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #12
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the education! I don't remember any obvious difference in the OME 881 coils I bought earlier this year. Probably a dumb question, but were they also two different lengths?
No that's why the driver side should get the trim packer.