1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alignment issues ok auto 4x4

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by stunt man hans, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Oct 25, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    ok they installed a ton of parts for me including a lift system and light racing control arms most notably.

the first time they aligned it they swore up and down amidst arguing from me that the control arms are wrong for the truck it's just waay to much arm the guy kept saying lol.

so i leave with a fresh lift and suspension upgrade and my camber is off by like .07! it looked retarded and drove worse lol.

i go back around 400 miles later after installing the arb bull bar so the lift is well on it's way to being settled and things seem to be ok minus the alignment which i was told they would be able to correct once the truck settled down a bit.

well come to find out again they again cannot align the truck correctly lol the camber is the same or worse! i actually at this point started arguing with the man telling him you can run these arms on a stock truck and lifted trucks as per spc light racing there should be no way that the camber should be this off.

he argues back we are right we have many years of experience to prove it lol. well now i have this fucking popping noise emminating from the front of my truck and it sounds scary plus the alignment is still way out of whack.

a five minute phone call to spc and me looking at the instruction sheet that ok auto 4x4 swore they did not need because the are so experienced :rolleyes: showed me what was wrong.

hows this for retarded they installed the ball joint backwards now my brand new nitto mt's are looking like they have been on the truck for over a year lol the fronts are visibly cupped looking and i'm getting pissed off.

is this a common problem with these control arms or what it seems to be a pretty derp move to say that they don't need the instruction sheet and they didn't take it upon them selves to look it up on spc's website as it is right on there. then argue with me telling me my "customer supplied parts" are not correct for the truck.

so to sum up i my 2 front tires after being on the truck for only 2 months show a good amount of wear and now i have noises probably due to an issue caused by the retarded alignment job and i paid for an alignment 2 times this seems pretty dumb to me.

discus

2. Oct 25, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    didi they put the joints in the proper place on the LR uppers?

3. Oct 25, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    the is three adjustments that can be made i think from what i gathered on the phone today with spc. the nut in the middle of the arm rides in a slot that is pushed all the way in but, the ball joint itself is not rotated in the proper direction to correct the camber lol it's like they just skipped that part or something twice:rolleyes:

on the gold ring around the ball joint the part you can see there is a logo that reads spc and that is on the flat side they have both of mine the flat side of the ball joint that is facing the stamped part of the arm basically facing not outward to see the logo but almost in the complete opposite direction facing inwards towards the rear of the truck.

i hope that makes sense i can take pics if it would help. the spc guy pretty much told me they didn't have a clue as to what they where doing. this place is a pretty high end place and they have been in business for like 30 years you would think by now they would be able to align things correctly.

the lr uca and the factory uca are very similar in design and adjustments right?

Products Discussed in

To Top