1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox Shox vs Toytec Ultimate Lift (Repost)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by scaddude, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Oct 25, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    scaddude

scaddude [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    V6 4x4 6-Speed Manual TRD Off-Road
    [Reposted! I had this in the other thread]

So over the weekend I bought a set of TRD Anthracites from forum member huyissuperman (great guy, with lots of cool stuff) and he turned me on to Fox shocks.

I was already eyeballing the Toytec Ultimate Lift kit along with the optional Leafs, but now huyissuperman is thinking about packaging his own set using Fox Shocks and All Pro leafs.

So, my question: Which should I go with? Price isn't an issue (though seems the Toytec will cost more)

Now I usually go off-roading only 4-5 times a year out in Mojave, with an occasional jaunt through the beaches of Baja, but my Taco is my daily driver.

From everything I've read, the Toytec feels the most like factory, but I haven't heard any comparisons to the Fox. Thoughts?

2. Nov 1, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    skunk

skunk what did I miss?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudi
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 (STOLEN)
    YOU WILL BE MISSED Satoshi Grill, FX-R retros, husky liners, bed bolt d-rings, TRD short throw shifter, 2.5 Fox Coil overs, AP UCA's, AP Expo rear leaf with Fox 2.0 shocks, Extended SS brake lines, AP kick-out sliders, 265/75/16 on Konig Countersteers, AllPro Apex front bumper and Zip Ties.
    you'll probably be fine with the toytec. The fox package is a better, more expensive system.

Products Discussed in

To Top