Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Camburg vs All-Pro delivery

Old 10-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg vs All-Pro delivery

Camburg spindles arrived today. They were packaged so tightly I don't think a grizzly bear could open that box...took me 10 min to get it open. Nice job of packing and they look to be in super shape.

On the other hand my new All Pro Expo leafs arrived yesterday with two small parts of the springs each wrapped in plastic. The paint was chipped off of a lot of the springs due to them being so heavy and not wrapped up. Now I have to spray over them to ensure the bare metal doesn't rust. In other words...a piss poor job of packaging these things for shipping. I'm not expecting boxes because the leafs are too heavy...but at least wrap the damn things in a little bit of bubble wrap or plastic.

Other than that can't wait to get this stuff on in a couple of weeks...waiting on shocks, wheels & tires.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery

Fink
Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post

Fink
Let me have some
Old 10-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
Camburg spindles arrived today. They were packaged so tightly I don't think a grizzly bear could open that box...took me 10 min to get it open. Nice job of packing and they look to be in super shape.

On the other hand my new All Pro Expo leafs arrived yesterday with two small parts of the springs each wrapped in plastic. The paint was chipped off of a lot of the springs due to them being so heavy and not wrapped up. Now I have to spray over them to ensure the bare metal doesn't rust. In other words...a piss poor job of packaging these things for shipping. I'm not expecting boxes because the leafs are too heavy...but at least wrap the damn things in a little bit of bubble wrap or plastic.

Other than that can't wait to get this stuff on in a couple of weeks...waiting on shocks, wheels & tires.
What shocks did you get!!??
Old 10-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
MBU Ninja
Tat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricker
Tat2dTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery

Fink
Old 10-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
What shock did you get!!??
Going with 5100s up front and 5125s in the rear w/loop to stem adapters
Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
You might as well return the leaf springs, because you're going to shit a brick when you see what the underside of your truck will look like if you actually take it offroad and use those springs.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
You might as well return the leaf springs, because you're going to shit a brick when you see what the underside of your truck will look like if you actually take it offroad and use those springs.
Not sure if you're being a serious or not but I'll bite. My point is the lack of attention when they were shipped out is gonna cost me time to fix. The last thing I want is rusty ass leafs a month after I put them on
Old 10-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not sure if you're being a serious or not but I'll bite. My point is the lack of attention when they were shipped out is gonna cost me time to fix. The last thing I want is rusty ass leafs a month after I put them on
My regular leaf pack from all pro starting rusting within a week when I installed them...and all of the paint is still on there.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #12

Cool...guess I'll just touch them up and live with it
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever you put on there, isn't going to last more than a few weeks against road spray first time it rains.

So unless you plan on painting your leaf pack every other week, I really don't see the issue.

This website has a tendency to want to put offroad inspired products on their trucks but expect OEM like maintenance free use. It just doesn't work out that way.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #14
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
:: thinks of the packaging guy at all pro when I went to pick up locally :: LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #15
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Just stumbled on this thread and figured I'd chime in. Leaf springs always ship bare with a shipping label stuck on them.

Whether from Giant Motorsports, direct from Deaver, or from Rock Auto, every leaf pack I've ordered has come bare. They're designed to take abuse and a little knocking around during shipping isn't going to hurt anything.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Just stumbled on this thread and figured I'd chime in. Leaf springs always ship bare with a shipping label stuck on them.

Whether from Giant Motorsports, direct from Deaver, or from Rock Auto, every leaf pack I've ordered has come bare. They're designed to take abuse and a little knocking around during shipping isn't going to hurt anything.
But they could get scuffed, or even worse, scratched!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #17
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery

Fink
Old 10-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #18
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Lol I'd hate to have the springs detract from the marks all over the rest of my truck.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #19

Quote:
You obviously missed the point of my post. The point is that for a $100 + in shipping they could of wrapped the MF'ers in something...but you obviously missed that. If you don't have anything constructive to add then keep your smart ass comments to yourself.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #20
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You obviously missed the point of my post. The point is that for a $100 + in shipping they could of wrapped the MF'ers in something...but you obviously missed that. If you don't have anything constructive to add then keep your smart ass comments to yourself.
Chill out man, he was just giving you shit.

Fink