Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

squeaky noise!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
gacandido2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
gacandido2010's Tacoma Gallery
Angry squeaky noise!

whenever i accelerate i can hear a small squeaky noise and it bugs the shit out of me........ anyone kno wut it could b?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacandido2010 View Post
whenever i accelerate i can hear a small squeaky noise and it bugs the shit out of me........ anyone kno wut it could b?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdiXSsFp29s
Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #4

na, it sounds like its coming from below the cab
Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
So... we still haven't ruled out the possibility of it being a squirrel...
Old 10-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #6

Have you checked to see if your heat shield is scraping on your drive shaft? Have you checked the bolts for the carrier bracket (correct me on terminology if I'm wrong) that hold the driveshaft?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Love that movie. I had a birds nest on my radiator once. They kinda squeaked when I started my truck.

Have you checked U joints?
x2. get under there with a grease gun and grease any zirk you can find

like this:
http://www.google.com/m/imgres?clien...ed=0CBcQ9QEwBQ
Old 10-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #9

i was reading around and ppl get a simliar noise because of the leafs....im thhinking thts it
Old 10-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #10
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
^ That is common on the 2nd gens, not sure about the 1st. But it would make sense that you hear it when accelerating.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If it sounds like it's comming from the rear yes it could be the leafs.
There is a thread around here somewhere on how to fix it. I beleave it involves cleaning & greasing between leafs