Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3 leaf 1.5" Progressive AAL Brands?

Old 10-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
3 leaf 1.5" Progressive AAL Brands?

I know that Wheeler's, All Pro, and Icon make 3 leaf AAL packs. Is there any performance differences between them?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Not aware of All Pro's but I've heard Wheeler's and Icon's are the same. I've got the Icon and it's a great product!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Essentially, the same. Icons are built by deaver and wheelers are built by alcan! Good either way. You'll prob want to leave the overload leaf in or look at a whole new pack. My aal with 08 springs are sucking after only a year of "normal" use!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed a leaf pack with the 3 leaf aal from icon on another members truck and he loves it. Everyone that talks about the Allpro packs complain about the ride being to stiff. As for the overload, you may want to keep it out as you will be very stink bug if you dont have atleast 2.5-3inches of lift up front. He had a 2.5inch lift up front and we left out the overload which leveled him out. If we put the overload in he would have been a 1/2 inch higher in the rear! I would go with the icon 3 leaf aal!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
My only prob with the 3 leaf is on an older set of springs its a very temporary fix. I figured I had atleast a couple years with them but that didn't happen. The overload will help eliminate the extra up travel which kills these springs and produces premature sag. Other than that they feel great. There's no difference with ride quality once I added the overload back in just 1/2" higher which I had lost. Now I have a slight rake and it looks a lot better in my opinion. Starting level will end up sagging down the road.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Just installed a leaf pack with the 3 leaf aal from icon on another members truck and he loves it. Everyone that talks about the Allpro packs complain about the ride being to stiff. As for the overload, you may want to keep it out as you will be very stink bug if you dont have atleast 2.5-3inches of lift up front. He had a 2.5inch lift up front and we left out the overload which leveled him out. If we put the overload in he would have been a 1/2 inch higher in the rear! I would go with the icon 3 leaf aal!
Here's the rake with Eibach's on the front on 5100's set at 0 (1.6" lift) and Icon 3-leaf AAL with overload left in place on TSB springs (2" lift). Note the shell on the back and there's also another couple hundred lbs in the bed so if you ran this set-up unloaded, Reckless is correct, you'd be really really ass-high unless you had at least 2" up front.

It rides great though and having the overload in place keeps it from squatting too far when loaded.

Sublime is also correct, I started with a brand new TSB leaf pack and the AAL/Leaf pack combo hasn't sagged a bit!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking at putting nitrochargers with 886x's up front so being ass high won't be an issue. Also I don't have the overload.
Hmm well wonder if I can get a new OEM pack off eBay or someone lifting immediately.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Pugga was/is selling a used tsb spring set