Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME lift install pics

Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift install pics

881's and dakar pacs with D6XL AAL

Should be ready tomorrow....seems a bit high for my tastes....hope she settles a bit..plan to carry a 500lb load for a week or so to break the lift in....good idea??

BPV bracket fabbed by my mechanic
Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

updated pic from today...once I settle the rear with a load should be ok...still at the shop..have not driven it yet!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
No wonder your rear is so high you got Dakars & AAL
Mine 885s & Dakars
Old 10-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #7

Here are a few pics from today with 500lbs in the bed in an attempt to settle the rear.....lovin this OME set up!!...amazing control as well as comfort.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect stance IMO
Old 11-21-2011, 01:55 AM   #9
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Update pics?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Update pics?
X2
Old 11-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
X2
Ok guys here are a few pics. Have my designated winter tires and rims on now.

Only have about 250 lbs in the bed now...also pulled around my trailer with ATV loaded tongue heavy (on purpose) during the deer hunt to squat the rear a bit.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #12
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is looking awesome man. I really like it. More pictures.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #13
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Well this pretty much convinced me to go with the dakars in the rear. How does it ride with the AAL? I do a lot of camping/fishing in the summer and tend to pack way too much stuff so I would like the extra capacity as long as it isn't a terrible ride.

Oh and what size are those winter tires of yours?
Old 11-23-2011, 03:21 AM   #14

Ride is comfortable given that it is a reg cab 4 banger(light truck)

I do load the truck often and took advice from TW member "Box Rocket" (smart guy!) to put in the AAL...he also told me to put 881s instead of my intended 880s...sure glad I listened to him!!

Ride is a bit choppy in the rear without any load at this point...but I do have my Tundra for longer trips!

Tires are 265 70 R16(stock size) Pirelli Scorpion Ice/Snow >>>not my choice but were brand new put on the day I got her at the dealer last Sept...they are great on ice though!!
Old 11-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #15

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
cool, thanks. Mines a DC with a shell, so I think i could handle the rougher ride. It is a truck afterall. And the tires don't look too terribly small with the lift. That's what I would be running in the winter as well, so just wondering. I was thinking of going 5100's all the way around with eibachs up front though.