Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Advice for '11 Tacoma DBC

Old 10-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
xipowner is on a distinguished road
xipowner's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Advice for '11 Tacoma DBC

Just got a 2011 Tacoma dbl cab with the 6' bed. I have a fiberglass cap on it and am surprised at how low it sits. Installed studded 265/75/16 cooper M&S for the northern VT winters but want to lift it as well. I spend 2 weeks hunting in Northern ME and put my truck to use on old logging roads, snow, mud, ice, etc. Also haul a trailer with gear up there. Want a) a lift and b) added payload. My hunting and fishing hobbies take me offroad a lot. Advice would be appreciated as I leave in 3 weeks for the woods...
Old 10-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu complete 3in kit with Dakar rear leafs sounds like it would be a good fit for your described use
Old 10-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
You get what you pay for. Go OME and if you really want extra payload get some all pro expo leaf packs.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
Can't spend a fortune, originally was looking at leveling set up but wanted to ask those who have experience first. I was thinking 2.25-2.5"...?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
how much are you willing to spend OP?
Would like to stay under $300 in parts...
Old 10-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
If you're willing to invest roughly 1200 dollars into your truck you will not regret it one bit. An OME kit, LR UCA's, and either Dakar, All-Pro, or Alcan leaf packs will serve you well.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
What about front OME lift coils and rear leafs?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
If you're willing to invest roughly 1200 dollars into your truck you will not regret it one bit. An OME kit, LR UCA's, and Dakars
This is what I have on my DCLB , very happy with it .

I have a Leer RCC commercial cap and regularly haul material in the bed .
Old 10-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
Quote:
If you're willing to invest roughly 1200 dollars into your truck you will not regret it one bit. An OME kit, LR UCA's, and either Dakar, All-Pro, or Alcan leaf packs will serve you well.
Wish I could at this time but not in the cards...My mechanic has a tundra with a 2.5" leveling kit that he reccomends but I have mixed feelings on this route..
Old 10-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

What lift system do you have?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xipowner View Post
What lift system do you have?
Full OME kit with 885 coils and Dakars , plus LR UCA's
Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #13
Ermine is on a distinguished road
Ermine's Tacoma Gallery
OME!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #14
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
Old Man Emu complete 3in kit with Dakar rear leafs sounds like it would be a good fit for your described use
Quote:
You get what you pay for. Go OME and if you really want extra payload get some all pro expo leaf packs.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xipowner View Post
What about front OME lift coils and rear leafs?
Quote:
Quote:
Full OME kit with 885 coils and Dakars , plus LR UCA's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
OME!
EMU
EMU
EMU

885s & Dakars