Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

talked to toytec and this is what they reccomended

Old 10-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
talked to toytec and this is what they reccomended

Right now I have the bilstein 5100 at 1.75 and I want a different coils. I want a better ride. I want to lift it a about a 1/2 an inch more. I talked to the guy from toytec and he reccomended the eibach coils with the 5100's set at 0 and a 1/2 inch spacer. I have an access cab so does anyone have any pics of this or something similar. Wanting to get close to or just below 2.5 inches of lift. Does this sound ok? Need advice please
Old 10-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Get the eibachs and set your 5100s at .85 and you should be pretty close to 2.5.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Why not set the 5100's @ .85?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Why not set the 5100's @ .85?
asked him that and he told me I would get about 2.8. I know it will settle a little but I am in a pickle because I want to stay away from any kind of spacer
Old 10-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is 1/2" high in the front and I could never tell it wasn't level. I doubt you will see .3". I would rather have that than use spacers.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885s will give you just over 2 1/2 after they settle. get the nitrocharger 9000 shocks too. the ride difference is well worth it
Old 10-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendbolden View Post
Mine is 1/2" high in the front and I could never tell it wasn't level. I doubt you will see .3". I would rather have that than use spacers.
you got any pics
Old 10-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
OME 885s will give you just over 2 1/2 after they settle. get the nitrocharger 9000 shocks too. the ride difference is well worth it
That does ride nice, a friend of mine has the ome lift with the nitrochargers. I want to keep the 5100's though. I have looked into the 884 coils also. I am just set on keeping it below 2.5. Heard to many vibration stories at 2.5 to 3
Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
you got any pics

Going to put the 1.5" AAL on tomorrow but this is with everything stock with just the 5100's set at 1.75
Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
if you dont put aftermarket UCAs on then you wont get the alignment correct and thats what usually causes the vibration. only other vibration is the rear driveshaft and the bearing drop eliminated it for me.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #11

Quote:

Going to put the 1.5" AAL on tomorrow but this is with everything stock with just the 5100's set at 1.75
so pretty much the same setup as me right now
Old 10-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
Come and take them.

yep. Just saying I would deal with 2.8 and no spacers rather than having the ride quality of spacers. It will probably settle to 2.5 anyways.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #13

Quote:
yep
ok but you see I want new coils because it rides a little to stiff for me now when I take it off road. I want a softer ride with a little more height. Thanks for the pic btw
Old 10-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #14
Come and take them.

No prob man. I edited my response above. I think I may have not been clear. Truck looks good btw
Old 10-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #15
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Eibachs and 5100's @ .85" but I want more lift, I am installing spindles soon and will be selling my Eibachs.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
if you dont put aftermarket UCAs on then you wont get the alignment correct and thats what usually causes the vibration. only other vibration is the rear driveshaft and the bearing drop eliminated it for me.
His vibration concerns are somewhat valid. I pushed my adjustable toytecs a little higher recently. I had 'all green' (in spec) alignment. (Have picture of the numbers), and still have a vibe around 30-40 mph.
The driveline kit I have from TT did nothing to resolve that.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
His vibration concerns are somewhat valid. I pushed my adjustable toytecs a little higher recently. I had 'all green' (in spec) alignment. (Have picture of the numbers), and still have a vibe around 30-40 mph.
The driveline kit I have from TT did nothing to resolve that.
how high is yours set at?
Old 10-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #19
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine with the new Eibach/5100 combo Toytec sells complete.
Attached Thumbnails
talked to toytec and this is what they reccomended-017.jpg   talked to toytec and this is what they reccomended-015.jpg  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #20
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Here is mine with the new Eibach/5100 combo Toytec sells complete.
Whats new about it? How much lift did it give you? No probs with alignment? Thanks