Notices

How many have a spacer lift?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
How many have a spacer lift?

I know it's not the best option out there. But I need to do something so I can accept some new 285's for free.. I ran a 2.5 " spacer lift on my 06 F150 for 40000 miles with absolutely no problems. Is this something I can run for a year or so until I can buy a better set up? I am also going to have a AAl. How many of you have these spacer's? What are your thoughts? Thanks!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Bunch of people have spacer lifts, you'd be fine for awhile.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muliefever View Post
I know it's not the best option out there. But I need to do something so I can accept some new 285's for free.. I ran a 2.5 " spacer lift on my 06 F150 for 40000 miles with absolutely no problems. Is this something I can run for a year or so until I can buy a better set up? I am also going to have a AAl. How many of you have these spacer's? What are your thoughts? Thanks!
You could get the 4 Bilstien 5100s off eBay from Down SouthMotorsports for about $260 (make an offer). Then if you decided later you wanted to put on coilovers, Toytec sells a coilover kit for those shocks. The Bilsteins will give you 2.5" of lift and you won't be starting over if you decide to upgrade it later.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I've had Toytec spacers and AAL for a year. They've seen all sorts of weather, been roughed up offroad, and served daily driving duties. I've had no problems.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer here. More of a permanent solution for now. No problems
Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
Well as a cheap fix I just bought a 2.5" readylift from a fellow TW member. I am sure I will have some hammering to do to fit the 285's.. It will prolly look funny until I get the TSB done. Then I should sit just about right..