Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Calling In a Favor - Lift Install "NorCal"

Old 10-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Calling In a Favor - Lift Install "NorCal"

Hello everybody,

i am in need of a huge favor so i'm calling it in. I took the plunge and bought a full Mid-Travel Suspension kit (Icon/TC). I still need to buy my new bumper and a few other items but the cost of installation is going to wipe out my funds if i go to a shop.

I am asking a few of you amazingly skilled and friendly members to take a day to help me install my kit. Food and beer will be completely on me and I will definitely tip those who help.

We can install the kit at my house in my carport on the side of the house or we can install it in the driveway.

Now here is the downside - I don't have any of the tools to install the kit (besides the spanner wrench to adjust the height) and I am not too savvy with suspension systems.

Please if anyone can help I would like to do this Saturday December 3rd.

My house is in Concord CA but I would be more than willing to drive to have the kit installed.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you will get some help on this. I'm not in your area or I would offer (unless you want to road trip to Reno)
Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I'm sure you will get some help on this. I'm not in your area or I would offer (unless you want to road trip to Reno)
honestly I may just take you up on that offer if no one comes through. a tank of gas each way is not bad
Old 10-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'm down if I'm in town... my flight comes back in on the first, but I don't know what my schedule is like afterwards. Have you talked to Jerry? Maybe use his place?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'm down if I'm in town... my flight comes back in on the first, but I don't know what my schedule is like afterwards. Have you talked to Jerry? Maybe use his place?
I know he's a really busy dude -- but I will ask him.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
I know he's a really busy dude -- but I will ask him.

Yeah, he's close enough to you... it just seems logical to ask him since I know he has plenty of tools to get the job done.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
where in concord?
im down to help, and if your close to where I live you can swing by whenever to get the antenna.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
where in concord?
im down to help, and if your close to where I live you can swing by whenever to get the antenna.
i live less than a quarter of a mile from where i ran into you the other day. right off of market and meadow.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i live less than a quarter of a mile from where i ran into you the other day. right off of market and meadow.
alright i live closer to good olde clayton.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
alright i live closer to good olde clayton.
i can get the antenna today when im off work if thats cool?

pm me an address and a number
Old 10-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Could do the install in my shop?
Maybe a mini mod day with a few other members?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
if you are down and i am guaranteed to get my kit installed i will drive out there
Old 10-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Depending on when I'll come.
I don't have any mods to do
but can lend a hand to any that need it.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
if you are down and i am guaranteed to get my kit installed i will drive out there
What all does the lift consist of? Front CO's, an AAL, and rear shocks?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
What all does the lift consist of? Front CO's, an AAL, and rear shocks?
Front c/os w/ UCA's
rear aal pack and struts
Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #16
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you'll get help. If you do it in Cali I can help. Tools I have is a car jack, jack stands and a torque wrench.

I know a little bit from when I did my lift.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Front c/os w/ UCA's
rear aal pack and struts
With a couple guys working, should be no problem. I've got all the tools.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:14 AM   #18
Banned
Quote:
With a couple guys working, should be no problem. I've got all the tools.
awesome!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:21 AM   #19
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
if you do it in the bay area, i'll try to make it..hopefully things don't go as how they did with Alpha's lift install...man I was BEYOND pissed.

I got all the tools you need
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
if you do it in the bay area, i'll try to make it..hopefully things don't go as how they did with Alpha's lift install...man I was BEYOND pissed.

I got all the tools you need

awesome, if we can keep it local that would be most preferable. what happened with alphas lift?