Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2" lift complete

Old 10-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
2" lift complete

Finally got my AAL in last night. I have the 1.5 Deaver AAL on factory shocks in the rear and 5100's set at 1.75 in the front on factory springs. Also had the tires flipped. They need a good scrubbing and some conditioner or something. Anyone have any tips for that? Tell me what you think!

Edit: Forgot to say I got right at 2" in the front and 2.5" in the back.

Before

After

Old 10-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Why not set the front at 2.5"
Old 10-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99PreRunner. View Post
Why not set the front at 2.5"
I didn't want it to be nose high when I haul a trailer. Also didn't want to worry about UCA's. I'm glad I didn't because I can tell the difference in the steering at 1.75. It's not bad but I don't think I would have liked any higher.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
11taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
11taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
how's the ride? thinking of the same set up.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
Come and take them.

Hard to explain really. I'm sure it'd be different on an Acces cab but it's still a firm ride just not as jarring wen I hit the bumps. Feels like I have stiff suspension rather than a crappy almost non existent suspension. I really like it. IT does feel like it "wanders" a little more on the road though but I'm sure I'll be used to that in a few days.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha. Was wondering about running an AAL on stock shocks and how that would feel. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendbolden View Post
I didn't want it to be nose high when I haul a trailer. Also didn't want to worry about UCA's. I'm glad I didn't because I can tell the difference in the steering at 1.75. It's not bad but I don't think I would have liked any higher.
I was just wondering. Looks good 2nd gen reg cab 4x4s look awesome.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
Come and take them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Gotcha. Was wondering about running an AAL on stock shocks and how that would feel. Thanks!
Better shocks would prob make it better but it's still fine without
Old 10-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
AYYYYYYYYYYYY

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendbolden View Post
Better shocks would prob make it better but it's still fine without
understandable. thanks again
Old 10-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
wolfman00 is on a distinguished road
Name: matt
wolfman00's Tacoma Gallery
I have the exact set up as you, down to the window tint, except I have sport rims.

For the rear shocks, I have 5100s from the front of a jeep TJ. Marco at DSMS has been experimenting with them. The extended length is a touch longer than the OME shocks. The ride is spot on. I will take some photos later to show up much flex so you have an idea.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #14
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Ben and I were PMing about that on Friday. He was talking about installing rear shock extensions. Not sure if he did or not. I didn't and have pretty much no droop left in my rear suspension. I will be adding new rear shocks soon but they may come with a RCD DB lift.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #15
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman00 View Post
I have the exact set up as you, down to the window tint, except I have sport rims.

For the rear shocks, I have 5100s from the front of a jeep TJ. Marco at DSMS has been experimenting with them. The extended length is a touch longer than the OME shocks. The ride is spot on. I will take some photos later to show up much flex so you have an idea.

That's an interesting bit of info there. I'm gonna look into that.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
Come and take them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
Ben and I were PMing about that on Friday. He was talking about installing rear shock extensions. Not sure if he did or not. I didn't and have pretty much no droop left in my rear suspension. I will be adding new rear shocks soon but they may come with a RCD DB lift.
Yeah I ended up not going with the shock extenders. It seemed like they may be a weaker link than worrying about the shock overextending. We went wheeling today and I didn't have any trouble. Got a few pics and a video posted. Check it out here.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #17
Zombie Killer!

Nice. I never thought a UTV would pull out a stuck truck. I've put a few miles on my truck btw and no issues with the AAL and the stock shocks.