LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what type of suspension to get?

Old 11-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
Blk03Yota4x4 is on a distinguished road
Blk03Yota4x4's Tacoma Gallery
what type of suspension to get?

I was wondering what brand of suspension would be good to go with? i want to get a 3in lift put on. and what type of tires would be appropriate? im very picky about what tires look like also. i want big and bulky . but a tire that will last too.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
im gonna say a good 3 inch toytec lift with front coils and rear aal's, and a good set of tires would probably be some nitto terra grapplers or toyo open country a/t or m/t tires, in 285/75/16........and you'll need to do a litle trimming/hammer in the pinch weld, and probably remove mud flaps too........but it'll look good.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
First off, why do you want a lift? For looks? Tire clearance? Mudding? Rock climbing? What's your budget?
Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the Micky Thompson Mud Terrain MTZ, pretty beastly lookin and ive heard 40-50,00 miles on a set. I would stay away from the toyo's they wear really fast.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im gonna say a good 3 inch toytec lift with front coils and rear aal's, and a good set of tires would probably be some nitto terra grapplers or toyo open country a/t or m/t tires, in 285/75/16........and you'll need to do a litle trimming/hammer in the pinch weld, and probably remove mud flaps too........but it'll look good.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #6
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
x2 on the ToyTec. It's what I have installed and I love it so far, although I haven't beaten it up yet...

I bought the BFG M/T KM2s and I love the look. They are aggressive, don't whine too much on the road and if they are anything like the KMs I had in college, they should last for quite a while (given it's a mud tire). My KMs lasted me about 30K, if memory serves.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
Blk03Yota4x4 is on a distinguished road
Blk03Yota4x4's Tacoma Gallery
are the kits that are only $399 a whole suspension lift? even with a quantity of 1? im just confused about exactly what to purchase. a guy last night showed me a $1700 lift. and all i see on toytec is nothing over 400
Old 11-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
Tacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the rough

Tacoma02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo MTs are a long lasting tire, they have a really hard rubber compound to them. There very aggressive looking and seem to do fairly well offroad. How ever they are a heavy tire so prepare for your mpg to drop. But for what you want the look and durablilty I think this what you want to go with. These tires last forever if you treat them right. If you get a 3" inch lift with the pinch weld mod and all you could run 33s w/ little rubbing