Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 lift questions (you probs have never seen a post like this before)jk

Old 10-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
whitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
whitetail's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 lift questions (you probs have never seen a post like this before)jk

Alrighty I have a 2008 doublecab prerunner. In the near future I plan on upgrading suspension as well as tires. I have done alittle research and am looking at toytec bilstein 5100s, Eibach front coils, AALs, a spacer for taco lean correction. This is all sold as a kit. I do not plan on offroading, but in illinois winters can be unfreindly and I would like piece of mind. First of all it says that I will need a top plate spacer to achive 3 inches of lift which is where I would like to be......but could I fit 285 70 or 75 16rs on without the spacer? As it is something I would like to avoid just because from what I have read spacers = broken 5100s. Next every time I read a post on these lifts UCAs are always reccomended. Why? And if I continue running my 265 rugged fails after the lift could I wait till I have 285s ready to go on and do the install then? Any input or pics would be fricken cool thanks guys!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Top plate spacers supposedly are hard on shocks. I'm not exactly sure why yet. With that in mind, unless you're wheeling and jumping your truck n shit, you will probably never fall into this boat, but you never know...

UCA's are recommended because you can't correct the alignment without them. Your steering wheel will feel 'loose' and you'll get something we call 'bump steer'. When you hit bumps or holes, your steering wheel will pull towards them. Basically youll be driving with two hands until you get used to it. It also will eventually scallop your tires and accellerate wear, not too bad, but rotations help.

285s will require trimming, and depending on the meatiness of the tire, you should be able to clear without getting an entire 3 inches of lift. I'm at 2.5"+ on a meaty ass KM2, rarely rub.

Search is your friend. Also there is a lift FAQ in this forum, might be worth reading
Old 10-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that was really thorough... I'm guessing these questions have been asked once or twice before?

Fuck searching. I'm just going to pm this guy all of my Tacoma related questions
Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
whitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
whitetail's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Thanks alot I can easily find on these posts what I need but this has been the first real explination as to why I need these parts. This will for sure influence how I go about this lift.