Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Buying 6" equipment question

Old 10-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Greenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Greenhatter's Tacoma Gallery
Buying 6" equipment question

Hey guys, I tried searching for an answer to my question but the forums don't allow a search for the term 6" (or at least I don't know how to make it).

I am trying to line up a shopping list of what I need to buy when I finally pull the trigger on a lift kit. I say kit but I may try to piece it together buying parts separately. I am getting confused on some of the numbers though.

To get a 6" lift (drop bracket) what size coilovers and shocks do I need to buy? The only sizes I seem to see are 2", 2.5" and 3". Is it just a matter of preloading the COs?

And is there a way to make sure I am getting the right leaf pack and rear shocks?

Thanks for your patience with a noobie.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhatter View Post
Hey guys, I tried searching for an answer to my question but the forums don't allow a search for the term 6" (or at least I don't know how to make it).

I am trying to line up a shopping list of what I need to buy when I finally pull the trigger on a lift kit. I say kit but I may try to piece it together buying parts separately. I am getting confused on some of the numbers though.

To get a 6" lift (drop bracket) what size coilovers and shocks do I need to buy? The only sizes I seem to see are 2", 2.5" and 3". Is it just a matter of preloading the COs?

And is there a way to make sure I am getting the right leaf pack and rear shocks?

Thanks for your patience with a noobie.

Two of the 6" kits, proComp and FabTech offer the 6" coilovers as an option. You can go to Alcan for 6" springs. (or any custom spring shops)