Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Absolutely LOST

Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely LOST

I have never dealt with lifting a vehicle before. I use to be into the whole ricer thing when I was in high school (10 years ago) and lowered cars, but to go up is completely different. I have been sitting here reading posts for about 4 hours now and am more confused than before I started. I have a few questions if you dont mind helping me out.

1) What is Dakar?
2) What is the difference in the 885 and 886 (something about 20 lbs)?
3) Will I get more lift out of the OME or the ToyTec ULK?

any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Dakar is a brand that most guys like when replacing the entire rear leaf pack. about 3" of lift is what they give.

the differents spring ratings is their stiffness, allows to hold more weight the heavier they are but give a rougher ride.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
run 884's if you're a single or access cab who doesn't plan on adding a bumper or a winch, 885's if you're a double cab and/or want to add some skids, 886's for a bumper winch combo. and yeah they get stiffer as you go up.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
The 886's are for if you have an aftermarket bumper to handle the heavier weight better. I have te 885's on my DCSB.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Dakar is a brand that most guys like when replacing the entire rear leaf pack. about 3" of lift is what they give.

the differents spring ratings is their stiffness, allows to hold more weight the heavier they are but give a rougher ride.
Old Man Emu (OME) is the brand, Dakar is the model. They are made by ARB from Australia.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a DCSB, does toytec sell the dakar rear suspension?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not adding a bumper you'll go with the 885's. On my phone so I can't see what model you have but with the 10mm top plate spacers I was around 2.75. Maybe get the 13mm if you want a full 3".
Old 10-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I got 2 1/2" up front with the 885's , no spacer , on my DCLB 4x4 , and 2 3/4" out back with the Dakars
Old 10-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I got 2 1/2" up front with the 885's , no spacer , on my DCLB 4x4 , and 2 3/4" out back with the Dakars
Welcome back buddy
Old 10-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Welcome back buddy
Old 10-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Im in the same boat as you. I was lost in my socks when I wanted to give a lift a try. I read for a while and asked questions. In the end I decided to just get a 4 5100 bilstein shocks, and set the front at 1.75, and leave the rear (because mine came stock with the TSB 4th leaf) and also get some 265/70/17s to end up with about 2.25 in the front and .5 in the rear with the tires and level it out. Then when I learn more and am comfortable doing it myself, Im going to get the UCA's and either a new leafpack or 5th AAL in the rear to give another almost 1's of lift.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Im in the same boat as you. I was lost in my socks when I wanted to give a lift a try. I read for a while and asked questions. In the end I decided to just get a 4 5100 bilstein shocks, and set the front at 1.75, and leave the rear (because mine came stock with the TSB 4th leaf) and also get some 265/70/17s to end up with about 2.25 in the front and .5 in the rear with the tires and level it out. Then when I learn more and am comfortable doing it myself, Im going to get the UCA's and either a new leafpack or 5th AAL in the rear to give another almost 1's of lift.
I am wanting to run a 33 x 11 tire to give it a good and beefy look so I really have no idea how much I should lift it. All the lifts say how much they will raise it but nothing says anything about the tire that it will allow.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #14
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Or pull up your skirt and do a 6 inch lift and there are only a few options to choose from.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
Get spindles since your a prerunner.
This is a dumb question but since I know nothing about suspension, what are spindles and what do they do?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #16

Ok, been reading most of the day. Other than ride height how does ride quality on a spindle lift compare to a OME lift?!?! I am going to be using this as a daily driver.