Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Your Fox Suspension Reviews

Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
Your Fox Suspension Reviews

Hey guys

I'm looking at going from the stock set up to Fox w/ resi.

My dad is wondering what this will do to it's feeling on the street ( majority of driving is on road ). We have only owned BMW's until the tacoma so we like a real sport kinda feel on the road. (ie Hard ride). I know it's a truck, but I still like it to feel sporty.

I would plan on getting UCA's.

I've also been reading about progressive vs. digressive, but I'm kinda confused. Which would be better for me?

Thank you very much for your input. I'm not looking for any lift but may go up an inch if I had the option. I'll probably be getting new tires in a year or so and would maybe like to be able to fit 285s then, but for now I'm on the stock dunflops.

We go out to the desert to ride the dirt bikes and ATV's it'd be nice to be able to have some fun in the taco too and not worry about being too hard on the suspension.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Up to 2 inches, the foxs ride like a caddilac, its nice! Crank em up above that and they're pretty stiff.

My rear leaves are the Icon progressive pack, they're super soft in my application, but off road the fox shox kick it and its very firm. All in all, I'm very happy with my fox setup!

Heres my lame video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPn6eyiutk
Old 10-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Fox would be perfect for what you are looking for . I'd go with the ext ones .
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Up to 2 inches, the foxs ride like a caddilac, its nice! Crank em up above that and they're pretty stiff.

My rear leaves are the Icon progressive pack, they're super soft in my application, but off road the fox shox kick it and its very firm. All in all, I'm very happy with my fox setup!

Heres my lame video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPn6eyiutk
nice vid brian, what song is that?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
So it sounds like for me the best set up would be fox extended travel at 3in lift. Ie. stiffest / sportiest street feel and much better offroad capability
Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Love my rear foxes
Old 10-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Well I voted fox because they are progressive and also come in a ext version . They are valved for your truck and can be revalved. They come with a resivor and swaybar relocation. I'm running mine without my sway bar but wouldn't advise you to. The can be bought for a great price .