Notices

EASIER INSTALL TC UCA OR LR UCA

Old 10-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Tbaytaco is on a distinguished road
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Nolan
Tbaytaco's Tacoma Gallery
EASIER INSTALL TC UCA OR LR UCA

Hi, so I've been reading the forums and looking into a 3" lift ( most likely the toytec ultimate lift), and im wondering for a normal daily driver with some casual offroading which UCA is easier to install. No worries on price, just wondering for ease of install which is better. TC UCA or LR UCA. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
They're probably both about the same to install. Both suck to install Any UCA sucks to install because you have to bend the pinch weld and pull the long ass bolt out.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
right kinda figured that... I may just cut the bolt like someone else on here said. Although would the stainless steel uniball TC be easier to install than taking the B/j out of the stock UCA and reinstalling it in the LR UCA?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
LR UCA comes with a sealed balljoint preassembled.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTaco View Post
LR UCA comes with a sealed balljoint preassembled.
Correct
Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
really..?? awesome.. why do I see people reusing the balljoint then.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbaytaco View Post
Where ?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #8
I swear I was just reading a thread about it... think I could find proof.. of course not... But since your from BC what do you think. LR or TC because we get decent amounts of snow here in northwestern ontario and im worried about salt being an issue with uniballs as previously stated... what do you think.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I swear I was just reading a thread about it... think I could find proof.. of course not... But since your from BC what do you think. LR or TC because we get decent amounts of snow here in northwestern ontario and im worried about salt being an issue with uniballs as previously stated... what do you think.
I went LR because I wanted a sealed ball joint
Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
K thanks alot, you just made my decision Light racing it is. Probably better for Canadian winters anyway.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #11
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're thinking of camburgs. They have both a uniball and a balljoint model. The balljoint one can be used with stock or aftermarket.