Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Quotes I got today

Old 11-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Quotes I got today

I got 2 quotes today on 2 different lifts. The first one was for a 3" ProComp Coil Spring kit for $467.99 and $552.50 to install it. The second is for a 3" OME. It does not come as a kit but was a total of $1102.88 and then $637.50 for install. Are these good prices? Should I stay away from ProComp?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
what did I miss?
skunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudi
skunk's Tacoma Gallery
They are both decent manufacturers but I think the OME might be a more complete package then again I don't know what the kit components are.

And then there is the almighty search....
Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
What are all the items that come with the OME lift? If it comes with the Dakar rear leaf packs thats a good price, if your not getting the Dakar leaf packs then your can get the OME kit much cheaper.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
I would install it yourself OP to save money... They're not that hard to install and I'm sure local members would assist you.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
OME does come as a kit... and those install prices are crazy. I suggest you look around.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
OME does come as a kit... and those install prices are crazy. I suggest you look around.
Shop rate is normally about 90-130$ and HR. OME kit is going to take at least three-four hours for one tech to install plus an alignment for another $70-80. Sounds like the install prices are about right.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Shop rate is normally about 90-130$ and HR. OME kit is going to take at least three-four hours for one tech to install plus an alignment for another $70-80. Sounds like the install prices are about right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Install rate isn't that crazy
Yeah now that I think about it your both right. Never had anyone I know have a shop isntall their lift, always been a group thing so I didn't think It would be that high.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Yeah now that I think about it your both right. Never had anyone I know have a shop isntall their lift, always been a group thing so I didn't think It would be that high.
yeahh any price looks high as hell when you can either install yourself or have some buddies help you for FREE ahah.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I can't really recommend the ProComp unless you're putting on a really heavy bumper and winch combo - it's got crazy stiff springs.

If you want to save a buck, you can get Add-A-Leaf instead of Leaf pack in the rear.

If you want to save another buck, you can get bilstein springs and eibach springs with an add-a-leaf in the back from ToyTec for around 600 for parts.

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Old 11-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for all the input everyone!! But, after finally finding a 4-5" suspension that I have been looking for I am going to go with this one. Even though the price is quite a bit higher, this is what I want and am willing to pay the extra money to get exactly what I want.

RCD 4"-5" 05+ Tacoma Lift:1799.00
Heavy Duty Front Sway Bar Drop Down BracketsCustom Matched Bilstein 5100 Series Monotube Gas Pressure Rear Shocks
CNC Machined Replacement Cast Iron Steering Knuckles for Precise Steering Geometry
Heavy Duty Two Piece Lower Sub-Frame Assembly and Polished Stainless Steel "Twin -Link" Anti-Compression Struts Insure Structural Strength and DurabilityHeavy Duty differential Skid Plate that Intergrates the Cross Members and adds additional protectionRCD "Gator Black" Polyurethane Powder Coat Finish for Lasting Good LooksGrade 8 Hardware for ReliabilityFront & Rear Brake Line Brackets
Old 11-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #12
Old 11-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #14
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg spindles FTW
Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #15

I have talked to a few people and they said they had trouble being able to align the truck after spindles were installed.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have to cut the frame on the prerunners for the RCD lift ?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Do you have to cut the frame on the prerunners for the RCD lift ?
no idea
Old 11-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #18

Forget the RCD.....after reading a post that was just put up about suspension and me being able to finally understand it (i think) I have changed everything to the following. It is all OME....let me know if this looks like a good set-up.

Shopping Cart

1 x OME N182 Rear Shocks (05 & UP Tacoma)
$179.99

1 x Shocks (05 & UP Tacoma/FJ/03 & Up 4Run)
$314.99

2 x OME Rear leaf spring 2005-2010 Tacoma**PRICED EACH**
$399.98

1 x OME Trim Packer
$8.99

1 x Front OME Lift Coils
$169.99

Select coil: 885 Med coils
Options: No top plate spacers 6 Products
$1 020.24
Old 11-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #19

Its a good thing I can make everyday life decisions better than this.......