Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ICON setting question

Old 11-02-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
ICON setting question

I just got my ICON's back from having them rebuilt, first time putting them on. I took the springs off to ship them, trying to save weight in shipping.

I reinstalled the springs, installed the coil overs, only to realize, when I reinstalled the springs that I did not crank them down enough to give me enough lift, and now the upper control arm is in the way of adjusting them.

So, now I gotta go and rent spring compressors again, take the c/o's out and crank them down. How far down does the adjustment collar have to be to get 2.5" of lift?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:19 AM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
1.25" It's a 2/1 ratio.
Disconnect the uca,lift it up out of the way,make your adjustment.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
1.25" It's a 2/1 ratio.
Disconnect the uca,lift it up out of the way,make your adjustment.
Do you just unbolt the crown nut on the upper? and then I should be able to lift it?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
How much was the rebuild?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
How much was the rebuild?
Mine got a little more expensive than I expected...

The adjustment collars were frozen in one place, and the set screws were stripped. They had to cut those off and replace. Also my shafts were pitted and needed replacement as well.

All done...around $450