Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885's & 5100's

Old 11-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885's & 5100's

I am planning on running this set up until i can afford a spindle lift.. What wanted to know is this;

I see that often people recommend NOT to set the billies above 0" with 885's, but no one says why.. Is is because it would set the lift above 3" and require new UCA's or is there some other reason??
Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It's because you bought a lift coil so preloading them is not necessary. 885's are taller and stiffer than the factory coils, no need to preload, if you want to get to 3" of lift, use the trim packer.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What i want is for the truck to have around 3" of lift and be level.. my plan so far is to add Dakars with the AAL for the rear (sometimes i carry camping gear, firewood, etc.).. 17x9's with 4.5" BS and either 275's or 285's without having to cut anything..

Thats the plan, for now.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Set the 5100's at 0 and use trim packers to get to 3" as Pugga suggested
Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You can set them to .85
x2

This is what I have on my truck right now. Rides great. It's the 886's you wanna leave set a 0". Your gonna have to cut with 285's.

Oh, and don't skimp out on uca's...
Old 11-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #7

I am planning on running a Mid-Travel set up when i get the funds (Total Chaos +2" system with 3.5" Spindles and ICON Coilovers) havent decided what to do in the back yet, but leaning towards the AllPro expeditions or Baja's..

I dont think the 2" TC UCA's will fit on stock, so maybe some LR UCA's in the short term..