LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

one quick question

Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
one quick question

so i was looking up spacer lifts and i was wondering what the difference between a spacer lift and a body lift is? which one is better?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
a body lift does nothing but raise the body of the truck off the frame.

the spacer lifts lift the suspension

suspension lifts are better per se, but spacer lifts are at the bottom of the suspension lift quality spectrum
Old 11-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok so is it possible to put a 2 or 3 in spacer lift when you already have a suspension lift?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
out of the two a spacer lift is better although neither are prefered. Body lifts are a huge PITA.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #5

yea see i have a body lift and it is cracking through my frame so thats why i was wondering if i could put a spacer lift when i already have a suspension lift
Old 11-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Body lifts are those ricy silverado 1500's going down the road with big ass subs and 12k HIDS.

Spacers are frowned upon typically.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TacoDriver View Post
yea see i have a body lift and it is cracking through my frame so thats why i was wondering if i could put a spacer lift when i already have a suspension lift
a spacer lift is a suspension lift.
you can have a suspension lift and a body lift at the same time, but

TAKE YOUR BODY LIFT OFF!!!
since it's already causing damage

suspension is not the same as the body
Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #8

i know the suspension is not the same as the body but when i looked at the spacers lifts they justed looked like a block that fit right on the coils and im working to fix the body lift by putting some metal plates to reinforce the area its cracking
Old 11-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #9

no man, just take that thing off! it's just going to keep being a problem until it's gone.
BLs weaken the connections between your frame and body too, so if you ever get into an accident you're screwed.

there's two different kinds of spacers, look into the suspension section for more info.

Get a real suspension lift, like coils and an AAL if you can
Old 11-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #11

yea its probably coming off when its time for a new set of tires and i got a 4in suspension but my truck was one of the really low to the ground types of toyotas and it still looks small w/o the BL
Old 11-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #12

and thanks for your input and info man its much appreciated
Old 11-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #13
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Shit i was looking for a good lift guide thanks