1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stock CO for non-4 wheeler

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dbrosnan2009, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Nov 2, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    dbrosnan2009

dbrosnan2009 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    NewBern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 2wd
    not a one
    I am a newbie. I do not go 4 wheeling. I do mostly highway driving. My tires are cupping very bad on inside edge. Numerous alignments to no avail. I googled symptoms and came up with "replace front strutts". All parts on my vehicle are original and have 160K miles. I figure time to replace suspention. I have read through much of the "must read" stuff. I figure I want to keep it simple and replace the "coil over strutt thingy" whihc comes pre-assembled as a unit. I will remove one bolt on bottom and 3 nuts on top to replace. Install complete unit and I will not have to worry about compressing spring, buying rubber parts, upper thingy, etc. Since I have a 2wd and do not go off roading I do not want to lift the vehicle. Seems like all the talk is about lifting vehicles and lift kits, etc. My question is ...... where can I get a quality CO strutt assembly that does not lift, nor adjustable. Can anyone recommend a CO strutt and location where I can purchase? The only one I could find is the EZ Strutt from Strutmaster website for $92. I do not want cheap ... I just don't require off road performance for $750.

2. Nov 2, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    dbrosnan2009

dbrosnan2009 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    NewBern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 2wd
    not a one
    oh yeah, it is a 2004 tacoma, 2wd, pre-runner ...... I think ..... it has the TRD sticker on the rear fender, 6 cyl, 5VZ type engine, 4 door,

3. Nov 2, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    are you rotating tires at regular intervals? And when you get the truck aligned is your previous alignment out of wack?

4. Nov 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    dbrosnan2009

dbrosnan2009 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    NewBern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 2wd
    not a one
    i do rotate but not consistently. The alignment never seems to be much different from what it was set to previously. My alignment dude and I were running some experiments to see if we could fix the problem by increasing the toe beyond the spec. We did a little bit more each alighment and it never really reduced the cupping problem. I am pretty confident my front shocks are goners and need to be replaced. I wish I would have realized this a year or so ago and I would have saved my Michelin tires.

Products Discussed in

To Top