Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Only 3 settings on 5100's?

Old 11-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
captaingeech08 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
captaingeech08's Tacoma Gallery
Only 3 settings on 5100's?

So I just got my 5100s in the mail. They are for a first gen. There are only three settings. I thought there were supposed to be four. I've heard of people running these at 0, .85", 1.75", and 2.5". Does anyone know what these three settings are on mine?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the 1.75 setting gives you 2.5"
Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I believe not using the c clip would be "0" or no lift then you have the 3 preload options!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I believe not using the c clip would be "0" or no lift then you have the 3 preload options!
This.

There are three settings - .85", 1.75" and 2.5".

I guess you could consider 0 as a setting, so that would make it four.

Fink
Old 11-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
creeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud ofcreeper has much to be proud of
creeper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
I believe the 1.75 setting gives you 2.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
This.

There are three settings - .85", 1.75" and 2.5".

I guess you could consider 0 as a setting, so that would make it four.

Fink
OMG, really?

1 - Don't you think the 1.75 setting would give you...1.75??
2 - No c clip? How are you going to hold the spring seat on??
3 - .85, 1.75 and 2.5 are all settings for 2nd gen's.

OP, you have 3 options as a 1st gen:

0" (WITH the c-clip on the lowest rung)
1"-1.25" (jury is still out)
2.5"
Old 11-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
OMG, really?

2.5"
OMG IKR LOL

I missed that it was for a 1st gen.

Fink
Old 11-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Epic fail........lol!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #8

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I should know I have them lol! Must be 4 rings on the 2nd gen as my toytecs are on the "0" setting and I used the c clip!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA, SAF
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
OMG, really?

2.5"
Now you tell us! I just disassembled mine to remove the C-clip that was "incorrectly" pre-loading my 881s...
Old 11-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gens have 4 settings, 0, .85, 1.75 and 2.5

1st Gens only have 3 settings, 0, 1.25 and 2.5