Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

limit straps-stretch?

Old 11-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
limit straps-stretch?

ok so i know limit straps stretch and i had my installed with an 11" strap, the 11" strap is now 12" and is not preventing the shock to stop at full droop... so i measured eye to eye and look at everything

i need my straps to be at 11.5" AFTER they stretch and everything...

here is how i have them mounted

Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
double up the straps or re-do the mount and use a adjustible clevis and mount
Old 11-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
double up the straps or re-do the mount and use a adjustible clevis and mount
any suggestions on where to get the adj. clevis AND mount?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
if you dont have a local offroad shop close by i would order from polyperformance.com they have the best service i have ever gotten from an onine store and they have everything!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
Mega Member

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-29466.html
Old 11-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Should of bought clevis's i just got some just weld the mount on and adjust, Simple.
ill check em out
Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
As a general rule of thumb straps will stretch an additional 10%.
As everyone else said though, clevis makes for easy adjustment.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #9

so what would be the best way to go about this? weld on clevis to the length of my current strap or weld the clevis were it would best work and measure for strap
Old 11-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
Mega Member

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
no need to measure just use some common sense mock it up real quik and weld it on there, its adjustable for a reason ahha
Old 11-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You will probably need new straps. The clevis itself is pretty long and judging from the pic I don't think you have that much room so you'll need shorter straps.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
The Mad Scientist

On a separate note, why are you strapping OEM replacements?
Did you not get the extended travel ICON's?
Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
they are the ext. travel icons
Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
Mega Member

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

im guessing cheap insurance, i never strapped mine and they were fine and i put those fuckers through hell and back actually i take that back when i rebuilt them the internal limiter was FUBAR..
Old 11-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
im guessing cheap insurance, i never strapped mine and they were fine and i put those fuckers through hell and back actually i take that back when i rebuilt them the internal limiter was FUBAR..
yes the straps are just because the camburg UCA's come REALLY close to the coils and sometimes hit... but they are the extended trael icons
Old 11-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #16
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
So the burgs do hit the coils with Icon? Is it cause they're larger uniballs?

Anyone run TC and hit the coils?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
So the burgs do hit the coils with Icon? Is it cause they're larger uniballs?

Anyone run TC and hit the coils?
Tc doesn't hit. Burgs do cause of uniball. And some said tc hits spindle
Old 11-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #18
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I have extended travel King OE replacements and at the current preload the uniball cup goes right in between the coils, but if adjusted would most likely hit the coil, so I will be strapping mine as well.

Like Jason said, you have to account for stretch of about 10% and most use clevis' to mount to the frame but they are pricey
Old 11-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
I have extended travel King OE replacements and at the current preload the uniball cup goes right in between the coils, but if adjusted would most likely hit the coil, so I will be strapping mine as well.

Like Jason said, you have to account for stretch of about 10% and most use clevis' to mount to the frame but they are pricey
yeah, i may go the alternitave as mastercraft makes custom length straps, so idd get 10.5 add 10% and you got 11.55" wich is perfect.... as long as its cheaper than new straps,clevis,mount,labor
Old 11-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #20
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Wait......you're pulling 11.5" of travel out of that mid travel? Sick!

Is that safe for 4x's? Maybe that's why you're strapping it, lol!